What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Non-RTE Facility Sanitation

Started by , Mar 14 2016 01:15 PM
1 Reply

Hello!

I am working in a facility that produces a non-RTE snack food, however I previously worked in a RTE facility and I am only familiar with how stringent sanitation practices are/should be for an RTE facility. In my mind, I feel as though there should not be a difference in the approach whether the facility is RTE or Non-RTE. Is this incorrect though? I can't seem to find any recommendations specific to Non-RTE production environments. Can someone provide some guidance?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are some effective scoring methods and control measures for a raw material risk assessment in a food manufacturing facility? Coverage for knobs, sensors, and electrical plugs to protect from water damage due to sanitation Is air quality testing required for a facility using propylene glycol in chillers, and what are the considerations for an SQF audit? Food Facility Registration What are effective methods for sanitation of an RO system if high total plate count and pseudomonas aeruginosa are recurring issues?
[Ad]

Hello!

I am working in a facility that produces a non-RTE snack food, however I previously worked in a RTE facility and I am only familiar with how stringent sanitation practices are/should be for an RTE facility. In my mind, I feel as though there should not be a difference in the approach whether the facility is RTE or Non-RTE. Is this incorrect though? I can't seem to find any recommendations specific to Non-RTE production environments. Can someone provide some guidance?

Hi ahannes,

Based on previous US threads it is likely there are operational differences.

The differences, if any, are likely related to the specific product / process / FS Standard involved (if any) / FDA-USDA jurisdiction.

IMO not enough info. to say much more.

PS - Welcome to the Forum :welcome:

Similar Discussion Topics
What are some effective scoring methods and control measures for a raw material risk assessment in a food manufacturing facility? Coverage for knobs, sensors, and electrical plugs to protect from water damage due to sanitation Is air quality testing required for a facility using propylene glycol in chillers, and what are the considerations for an SQF audit? Food Facility Registration What are effective methods for sanitation of an RO system if high total plate count and pseudomonas aeruginosa are recurring issues? Sanitation - top down or bottom up? What are acceptable tolerances for Rare Earth Magnets in a food facility? Can internal audits for a small facility be conducted in one day How to Address and Resolve Water Quality Issues in a Food Manufacturing Facility In a low risk facility are employees required to change when using restrooms?