What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do I prove my competency in the topics I train?

Started by , Feb 20 2016 08:00 PM

I did a round of training this week in preparation for our audit on Monday. Filling out the training matrix I noticed a lot of empty squares in my own column. How can I effectively show my own competency? I cannot easily spare the time and don't want the business to waste the money for me to go to seminars, etc.

Any advice?

Hi Tadelong,

You're probably already into your audit at this point.

However, if you have any previous certifications that you can show or training documentation that you have created for the company, those can often suffice. If there is any lab testing you are in charge of, you can do round robins (ring testing) with trained analysts and/or outside laboratories to show proficiency in those areas.

QAGB

5 Replies

I did a round of training this week in preparation for our audit on Monday. Filling out the training matrix I noticed a lot of empty squares in my own column. How can I effectively show my own competency? I cannot easily spare the time and don't want the business to waste the money for me to go to seminars, etc.

Any advice?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC Internal auditor competency How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? BRCGS 3.5.3 Issue 6 - Internal Auditor competency Running a risk assessment to prove our company does not need ATP swabs FSMA Topics
[Ad]

Any advice?

Hi Tadelong,

You're probably already into your audit at this point.

However, if you have any previous certifications that you can show or training documentation that you have created for the company, those can often suffice. If there is any lab testing you are in charge of, you can do round robins (ring testing) with trained analysts and/or outside laboratories to show proficiency in those areas.

QAGB

1 Thank

CPD ( Continual Professional Development) is NOT a waste of time or resources. Spend the money on targetted areas, for example get yourself HACCP training, or auditor training. Even better get your self a train the trainer qualification.

Your  career history will also show your competence in different areas.

Tell us how you got on  by the way.

Describe it in your written program that the author and review of programs do not require additional training after the program has been approved and becomes effective. Then indicate in your Training Matrix that you are the author and are "exempt".

I'd like to take the credit for this but its actually a recommendation I got from a consultant regarding this exact topic recently.

1 Thank

Thanks folks, I appreciate the advice. We made out fine on the audit; 7 NCs overall, and none of them for training. I suppose I shouldn't have worried, my auditor was the trainer I had at the PrP and HACCP course I attended.

Thanks folks, I appreciate the advice. We made out fine on the audit; 7 NCs overall, and none of them for training. I suppose I shouldn't have worried, my auditor was the trainer I had at the PrP and HACCP course I attended.

Hi Tadelong,

Glad to hear you did well on the audit, and what a coincidence. I guess your auditor wouldn't have asked you for training records. ;)

QAGB

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC Internal auditor competency How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? BRCGS 3.5.3 Issue 6 - Internal Auditor competency Running a risk assessment to prove our company does not need ATP swabs FSMA Topics References to prove absence of Sulphites in Gin Employee Food Safety Training Topics Is there a requirement for how often we train GMPs? New to cannabis industry, looking forward to discussing topics and learning in this new area Daily Quality Topics for Production - Need Ideas Please!