What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Product Categories BRC Global Standard Appendix 6

Started by , Feb 03 2016 05:37 AM
6 Replies

Hi,

Can somehow explain the eacxt product categories for guidance and example in BRC Global Standards for Food Safety

Regards,

Swarup

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Selling Food Grade product to distributor for internal use following repackaging If a customer reports finding metal in a product how should you decide whether to initiate a recall? Is an egg packing room considered an open product area or an enclosed area in a food safety context? Does a change in managing product design drawings affect the audit scope for a manufacturing plant? Microbiological limits for RTE product - raw sunflower kernels
[Ad]

Hi,

Can somehow explain the eacxt product categories for guidance and example in BRC Global Standards for Food Safety

Regards,

Swarup

Hi Swarup,

There are a lot of categories. Can you be more precise as to your actual query / requirement ?

Sir,

Our product is frozen shrimps.

Sir,

Hi Swarup,

Presumably any of 4, 8, 10, depending on the details

Hi Swarup,

Presumably any of 4, 8, 10, depending on the details

Hi Charles,

I think that is a typo and that you meant 4, 8, & 9 (Raw cured and/or fermented meat and fish) as 10 is Ready meals and sandwiches, ready to-eat desserts.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Charles,

I think that is a typo and that you meant 4, 8, & 9 (Raw cured and/or fermented meat and fish) as 10 is Ready meals and sandwiches, ready to-eat desserts.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

I prioritised on the OP's "frozen" which theoretically excluded cat. 9 in the BRC chart (Although I'm sure i have seen some of the items listed in 9 frozen also,  If OP=chilled, i would agree with you)

for Cat.10, i took an additional liberty with "presentation".  :smile: (Otherwise excluded as you noted).

(Seemed to remember seeing cooked shrimp sandwiches in M&S)(admittedly frozen shrimp sandwiches might be a stretch  :dunno:  )

Swarup's Choice.

Sir,

Hi Tony,

I prioritised on the OP's "frozen" which theoretically excluded cat. 9 in the BRC chart (Although I'm sure i have seen some of the items listed in 9 frozen also,  If OP=chilled, i would agree with you)

for Cat.10, i took an additional liberty with "presentation".  :smile: (Otherwise excluded as you noted).

(Seemed to remember seeing cooked shrimp sandwiches in M&S)(admittedly frozen shrimp sandwiches might be a stretch  :dunno:  )

Swarup's Choice.

I agree frozen shrimp sandwiches are very much a stretch!

Similar Discussion Topics
Selling Food Grade product to distributor for internal use following repackaging If a customer reports finding metal in a product how should you decide whether to initiate a recall? Is an egg packing room considered an open product area or an enclosed area in a food safety context? Does a change in managing product design drawings affect the audit scope for a manufacturing plant? Microbiological limits for RTE product - raw sunflower kernels Labeled Product for Export Only Example of a Comprehensive Product Description Incorporating Chemical, Physical, and Microbiological Properties Finished Product Description in specifications What is the correct CFR for an enriched macaroni product? Leak over finished product