What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen Risk Assessment

Started by , Dec 23 2015 11:05 PM
3 Replies

Hello All,

My company wants to do a risk assessment for the Allergens in our products. I work for a dietary supplement company and the Allergens in our product are: Milk, Soy, Wheat, and Peanuts. A recent auditor told use we need an allergen management program about the risk Allergens in our product, and what's considered a priority when it comes to running an allergenic product. We are a little at lost. Is there any resources that will be useful to at least start in the right direction? Thank you.

Naomi Crawford

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen monitoring in FSSC 22000 version 6 Color-Coded Allergen Program Allergen validation Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen 7.1.4 - Allergen Awareness Training
[Ad]

Naomi,

I can help you with that.  Please contact me directly.

Steven Gendel

VP, Division of Food Allergens

IEH Laboratories and Consulting Group

Former FDA Food Allergen Coordinator

Hello All,

My company wants to do a risk assessment for the Allergens in our products. I work for a dietary supplement company and the Allergens in our product are: Milk, Soy, Wheat, and Peanuts. A recent auditor told use we need an allergen management program about the risk Allergens in our product, and what's considered a priority when it comes to running an allergenic product. We are a little at lost. Is there any resources that will be useful to at least start in the right direction? Thank you.

Naomi Crawford

Hi Naomi,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Pls inform whar FS Standard is involved, if any ? it may be relevant.

Some examples of Allergen Management Programs for free download exist on this forum.

If all of the allergens listed are in ALL of your products, you will need a very simple document.  Cross contamination resulting in undeclared allergens in your products are your greatest risk otherwise. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen monitoring in FSSC 22000 version 6 Color-Coded Allergen Program Allergen validation Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen 7.1.4 - Allergen Awareness Training Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin?