What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is Primus GFS part of GFSI and valid in the UK?

Started by , Oct 16 2015 11:38 AM
7 Replies

Does any one know about this standards.

One of our customer has send this certificate. Is it part of GFSI.

Can this be valid in uk

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Consultation Opens for GFSI Benchmarking Requirements v2024 3PM details confidential and GFSI certificate. GFSI standards that include both manufactured and traded goods. Which GFSI standard should we go with? Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification?
[Ad]

Yes, it is a recognized GFSI Scheme Here is a list of all of them

1 Like2 Thanks

Yes, it is a recognized GFSI Scheme Here is a list of all of them

Hi Brian,

Thks for the link.

Looks like GFSI are short of updating personnel.  Or perhaps there is a "cycle" of having to be "recognized" ? Curious.

Yes Primus is a GFSI standard.

With regard to whether it is accepted in the UK I would say not widely as it is not a standard used by UK or EU suppliers.  Most use BRC or IFS.  That said because it is a GFSI benchmarked standard and in theory is equivalent to BRC, IFS, FSSC and SQF then it should be accepted.

By the way when you say one of your customers has sent you this certificate do you mean one of your suppliers?  Also as a matter of interest where are they located in the world?

Regards,

Simon

1 Thank

Hello Simon,

Its from our suppliers based in california,US

OK thanks, see my answer above. Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Simon

Yes Simon.

Thanks

Saeneth,

It's a popular audit scheme in California. Many of the big retailers accept it. Mostly agricultural is where I have seen it.

Similar Discussion Topics
New Consultation Opens for GFSI Benchmarking Requirements v2024 3PM details confidential and GFSI certificate. GFSI standards that include both manufactured and traded goods. Which GFSI standard should we go with? Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! Food Traceability Part 204 Is it possible to pass a GFSI audit with a poor food safety culture?