What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP - CCP - Identification !

Started by , Sep 24 2015 11:12 AM
4 Replies

Hi, 

I have doubt on the subject of CCP identification. For instance: 

- We have cold storage facility - Where in we store temperature controlled frozen products .We developed  HACCP system to control all possible food safety hazards. The same summarized below  ( Consider all GMP and best practices are implemented)

• At receipt:  Check product  temperature and accept 
  • At Put away:  Temperature controlled material unloaded at temperature controlled dock and within 30 minutes the same put into respective storage location ( Freezer) . The dock temperature continuously monitored through online by technician and deviation any highlighted and  corrected ( if required) 
  • At storage:   Storage temperature set between -18 to -25 Degree Celsius and the same monitored continuously through online by technican.
  • Picking   Picking happens inside the freezer chamber 
  • Loading/ dispatch:  Material loaded into pre-cooled vehicle at temperature controlled cool dock. We bring one pallet at a time to load the material inside the vehicle to ensure temperature compliance. 

As per understanding, Since, we have enough control measure to control food safety hazard in our process. I feel we might not have critical control point in our process. 

Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong.. 

Regards,

Baskaran.G.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? How detailed do the documents have to be for HACCP meetings? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? HACCP HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India
[Ad]

Hi Baskaran,

A lttle more info. might help.

Is any particular FS standard involved ?

Type of product ? Fruit ? Shrimp ?  IQF ? Block? RTE ?

Acceptance temperature at receipt ?

Meaning of  "picking" , "freezer"  chamber ?

Product Acceptance temperature at Despatch ?

Whether a CCP or not depends on yr definition of Prerequisites,  yr hazard risk assessment, and possibly the FS standard.

Are any of the stages mentioned classified as PRPs ?

Hi Charles, 

Info furnished below: Kindly go through and help me 

- We implemented ISO 22000:2005 Standard 

- We have mix of product like : French fries, Ice cream, Butter,  poultry, Buns, and tortilla

- Acceptance temperature at receipt is -15 Degree C as a minimum ( Surface temperature) 

- "Picking" means "order consolidation" and "Freezer Chamber" means " Freezer storage" 

-  Acceptance temperature at dispatch is -15 Degree C as a minimum ( Surface temperature) 

- We have classified  " Receipt, Picking and Dispatch" as PRP. and defined  " Storage as CCP

Regards,

Baskaran.G.

Hi Baskaran,

Data looks reasonable to me although some auditors might not like the "surface" temperature. Depends on Procedure maybe.

I would have made all 4 stages PRPs based on iso22002-1 unlesss you have some specific risk assessment reason to consider frozen storage as a significant hazard.

Nonetheless, from memory, for other standards, the storage step is a popular CCP for S&D so maybe auditor-friendly for the supposed minimum 1 CCP . :smile:

Personally I have always rated the Likelihood of any product safety hazard resulting from the customary temperature fluctuations around -18degC as negligible. Quality hazards are something else.

1 Thank

Thanks a lot for valuable comment. 

Similar Discussion Topics
No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? How detailed do the documents have to be for HACCP meetings? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? HACCP HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India HACCP for storing and distributing packaging for food products BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? What HACCP and Food Safety plan does salsa fall under HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation for a UK storage and distribution business