What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Organisational Culture

Started by , Feb 26 2003 09:30 PM
3 Replies
My idea of organisational culture is the values, attitudes, beliefs, behaviours and norms held and displayed by the people, which have developed over a period of time.

We all know that to implement any improvement initiative requires involvement and support from different levels within the organisation and is doomed to failure without it. In a company with a positive culture success is infinitely more likely.

If the organisational culture is poor how do you go about changing it?

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Organisational risk based approach to the FSMS, elaboration on the guidance given by FSSC Organisational Risk based approach to the FSMS Organisational Knowledge in spice industry as required by ISO 9001
[Ad]
I'm carrying out research in this field and find the site below very useful::

http://www.mapnp.org...ure/culture.htm

JD
Thanks for that its a useful Website with masses of information on change management, leadership and organisational learning etc. I have added a link to it from the main website.

I am still developing the "human Issues" area of the Saferpak website and I recently managed to wangle a marvellous article from Fred Nickols entitled 'Change Management 101 - A Primer'

The article provides a great introduction.

http://www.saferpak....gement_art3.htm

Regards,
Simon
I've shared this visual with some success.
It reveals the SQDCME measurables, The're part of the Ford production system (FPS):
Safety
Quality
Delivery
Cost
Morale
Environment

If they are infused with care, they may infuse a process thinking mind set that can empower employees to make the appropriate changes to their particular environment. The domino effect is seen when employees experience the real time successes of people involvement.
Wallace.

Similar Discussion Topics
Organisational risk based approach to the FSMS, elaboration on the guidance given by FSSC Organisational Risk based approach to the FSMS Organisational Knowledge in spice industry as required by ISO 9001