What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Minimum documents required for approving hauliers?

Started by , Sep 08 2015 01:43 PM
4 Replies

Hi

Please can somebody give some guidance.

Supplier approving hauliers for carrying food products - what is the minimum documents / standards required before approving haulier without any accreditation but runs a very  tight ship with clean and sanitized fully operational vehicles.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Peracetic Acid minimum ppm that can be applied to fruit? Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Minimum weight checks before packaging How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records?
[Ad]

The minimum would be a contract signed by both parties. You would want to specify things such as mixed loads, chemical taints etc. We use a SAQ and a code of transport, but many hauliers can provide their own contracts which would conform to BRC.

I have COSSH data, Liability insurance, Vehicle Hygiene Reports, operator licence, Breakdown procedures a completed SAQ also a codes of practice which outlines requirements.....

Would you say this is suffice?

Cheers

We require compliance with DOT federal transportation laws CFR 49, Part 177.841 regarding transport of food. I think I have attached here (my first effort at attaching a document).

Attached Files

1 Thank

From the standard. "3.5.3.2 - Contracts or formal agreements shall exist with the suppliers of services that clearly define service expectations and ensure potential food safety risks associated with the service have been addressed."

I agree that you've covered most of the bases with your SAQ and document gathering, but I believe that you still need a contract.

Similar Discussion Topics
Peracetic Acid minimum ppm that can be applied to fruit? Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Minimum weight checks before packaging How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records? Does there need to be a minimum percentage of olive oil in the product to advertise on the label? Minimum power of a magnet to be considered compliant with the food safety requirements? Minimum acceptable gauss strength of magnets for sugar industry For sanitation is there a minimum water temperature requirement? What does traceability one step back and minimum traceability one step forward mean?