1.Receiving of raw material

2.Storage of raw materials

3.Thawing/Defrosting

4.Disinfection/Sanitation

5.Cooking

6.Boiling/Sugar syrup

7.Cooling & storage

8.Distribution/Delivery

I have never-ever seen 8 CCP any other comp, pls help who CCPs should be remove form here. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5673 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

Hi Vinit,

Thks for yr query and Welcome to the Forum -

In order to give useful replies, a little more info.would be helpful -

Product, RTE or not ?

Process ?

Particular HACCP standard if any, eg iso22000, BRC etc ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

8 CCPs is extremely high and it does seem like it's not correct.

Along with the information requested above to some extent it's best to understand also are you FSSC certified or did you come from an FSSC facility?

I ask because you used the term oPRP and nobody ever uses that if they don't need to or aren't conditioned to use it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

8 CCPs is extremely high and it does seem like it's not correct.

Along with the information requested above to some extent it's best to understand also are you FSSC certified or did you come from an FSSC facility?

I ask because you used the term oPRP and nobody ever uses that if they don't need to or aren't conditioned to use it.

Sorry that should read 8 CCPs is extremely high and doesn't seem like it's correct.

Again it would be nice if I could edit my posts so there isn't any confusion when I typo.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

pjongh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Venezuela
    Venezuela

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

Most of the 8 look like PRPs more than CCPs, but more inforamtion is needed.

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

Important does not mean critical.

It is important to have clean storage areas but it may not be a critical control point.

Taste Maker

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

Hello Vinit, as you know a CCP is the result of a hazard analysis being done and is the resulting control of the known and scientifically verified hazard at the point where it occurs.  Most of the listed activities should be covered under GMP's or prerequisites for food safety such as truck inspection, sanitation and allergen storage. That is to say that, for example, IF there is not a known hazard in the receiving of a material then, there is nothing to monitor and control. An example of a situation that would rise to the level of a CCP would be like a process where a motor is over a food contact packaging machine and during the hazard analysis you see a hose hanging out over the film that is deemed to be brittle and loose. So, I rated the risk on a 1-5 scale based on the likelihood of occurring and 1-5 on the severity of the resulting failure. Our HAACP team felt that the likelihood of occurring was a 5 (just a matter of when) and the resulting hazard to be a 3 out of 5 when it happened because the oil is food grade and package will have to pass through a metal detector. So, it was further decided that this threat could be reduced by placing a drain pan and a drain hose to the outside area. Of course this would have to be monitored and at a certain frequency and so on. Also, the threat could be eliminated totally by installing a different type of motor or positioning it in an area away from the film. While the truck inspection and delivery is important, it does not reduce or eliminate any known hazard. I call it a CP and not a CCP because we don't want dangerous or hazardous materials coming into the plant but, here again the CP addresses the possibility of an issue and not a KNOWN hazard or CCP. I hope this helps you.

Taste Maker

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users