What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

7.3.3.1 - Preliminary Steps to HACCP

Started by , Jun 05 2015 03:44 PM

HI,

I am filling out the material detail forms for our Preliminary Steps to HACCP and am wondering what info is needed in the Food Safety Acceptance Criteria area?

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the response. 

Here is the section in question:

h)       food safety-related acceptance criteria or specifications of purchased materials and ingredients appropriate to their intended uses."

Any info on where I can obtain this info?

Thanks!

The key to the wording here is the intended use. This criteria will depend on your product and process. For example the criteria will need to be more stringent if you are adding the material to your final product rather than putting it through a process such as pasteurization.

Regards,

Tony

6 Replies

HI,

I am filling out the material detail forms for our Preliminary Steps to HACCP and am wondering what info is needed in the Food Safety Acceptance Criteria area?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible?
[Ad]

HI,

hi psbyrd,

Thanks for yr query and W elcome to the Forum !

Can you be more specific as to which paragraph of the FSSC22000 Standard you are referring to ?

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the response. 

"7.3.3.1          Raw materials, ingredients and product-contact materials

All raw materials, ingredients and product-contact materials shall be described in documents to the extent needed to conduct the hazard analysis (see 7.4), including the following, as appropriate:

a)       biological, chemical and physical characteristics;

b)       composition of formulated ingredients, including additives and processing aids;

c)       origin;

d)       method of production;

e)       packaging and delivery methods;

f)        storage conditions and shelf life;

g)       preparation and/or handling before use or processing;

h)       food safety-related acceptance criteria or specifications of purchased materials and ingredients appropriate to their intended uses."

Thanks!

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the response. 

"7.3.3.1          Raw materials, ingredients and product-contact materials

All raw materials, ingredients and product-contact materials shall be described in documents to the extent needed to conduct the hazard analysis (see 7.4), including the following, as appropriate:

a)       biological, chemical and physical characteristics;

b)       composition of formulated ingredients, including additives and processing aids;

c)       origin;

d)       method of production;

e)       packaging and delivery methods;

f)        storage conditions and shelf life;

g)       preparation and/or handling before use or processing;

Thanks!

Hi psbyrd,

May i suggest you have a look at this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...744/#entry39585

This is an example of a  proposed model solution to the area of the Standard to which you are currently looking.

How much is directly relevant may depend on your product.

The exact format used for the response(s) is optional within the scope of the Standard's clauses.

As far as the specifications in (h) are concerned, this data is normally a fundamental initial requirement for any HACCP Plan and  Purchasing agreement.

The details of the specifications will again relate to yr specific product(s).

if you are seeking typical specifications / safety related aspects you probably need to provide some more information. :smile:

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the info!

HI,

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the response. 

Thanks!

The key to the wording here is the intended use. This criteria will depend on your product and process. For example the criteria will need to be more stringent if you are adding the material to your final product rather than putting it through a process such as pasteurization.

Regards,

Tony

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you all!

Similar Discussion Topics
Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? How detailed do the documents have to be for HACCP meetings? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? HACCP HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India HACCP for storing and distributing packaging for food products