What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC V 7 requirements for water distribution systems

Started by , Apr 06 2015 09:49 PM
10 Replies

Dear All can you advise is the BRC v 7 Has new requirement for the water system

is there New requirement for the new word Schematic diagram for the water distribution system

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
2 CCPs with the same minimum temperature requirements Coverage for knobs, sensors, and electrical plugs to protect from water damage due to sanitation What food safety risks are associated with diluting room-temperature sauce with filtered water for sous vide cooking? How should the 4.6 IFS Broker requirement be implemented for outsourced water production? Legionella Risk Assessment in Water System
[Ad]

Dear Ahmedmourad,

yes. There is a requirement under the clause 4.5.2

under the clause there is a need to develop schematic diagram of the water distribution system, including all holding tanks, water treatment and water recycling.

the above diagram with respect to site, shall be used as basis for water sampling and management of overall water quality.

but in version 6, there is a requirement for water distribution system plan only ( may or may not be a schematic diagram showing the plan)

Regards

Satya

The BRC v7 looks to be highlighting requirements that are similar to the Private Water Supply Regulations in the UK. The Tesco TFMS in the UK was already geared in that way - so looks like the BRC has taken influence from that.

Thus far BRC has been ok with and basic outline of the plant, then including city/well water inputs, softeners, boilers, and hot/cold water lines all done in word.  I have also included hose stations and back flow preventers. I update revisions when construction is done.

thanks , so there is difference between the water plan and schematic diagram for the water distribution system,

can any one please share his updated one for the schematic diagram , so that I can make my one

Thanks

Can any one help in this please

Can any one help in this please

Ahmed, may I suggest you upload your BRC 6 compliant diagram and then members may be able to assist you in adapting it.

Attached

Attached Files

Hi ahmedmourad,

GLOBAL STANDARD FOOD SAFETY ISSUE 7 INTERPRETATION GUIDELINE
4.5.2 Interpretation Water distribution
The aim of this requirement is to identify the key components of the water distribution system.
A fully detailed architect’s diagram showing complete pipework is not required; a general plan, map or schematic diagram will be sufficient. The plan should enable the site management and auditor to assess potential hazards in the distribution system and ensure that adequate management systems are in place to negate the hazard. Water holding tanks, for example, may present a microbiological hazard if not covered or if water low is not controlled to prevent water pooling in areas out of the low.

Your diagram looks fine. I presume the thin green line is mains water supply to the water tanks? perhaps you want to label that. I see a low risk area marked up, is there a high risk area?

Regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Thanks very much Tony for useful comments so no need to further amendments , just labeling these items is this right  

Thanks very much Tony for useful comments so no need to further amendments , just labeling these items is this right  

No problem, I would suggest labeling and posting so members can comment.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
2 CCPs with the same minimum temperature requirements Coverage for knobs, sensors, and electrical plugs to protect from water damage due to sanitation What food safety risks are associated with diluting room-temperature sauce with filtered water for sous vide cooking? How should the 4.6 IFS Broker requirement be implemented for outsourced water production? Legionella Risk Assessment in Water System Does anyone have a BRCGS - Storage and Distribution gap analysis template? Regulatory requirements for pipes leading to drains or floor Mock Recall - Forward and backward traceability requirements What allergen labeling requirements apply to portion control packages for salad bars? What are the essential micro testing requirements for high-care fruit packing?