What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New Member - USA, California_Confectionery Industry

Started by , Jan 15 2015 05:02 AM
15 Replies

Hello,

I am new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Lisa, and I work in a small candy factory.  We make mostly handmade items with limited forms of automation (auto baggers, mold injection).  We currently are BRC certifiied but it has been challenging considering we are a small family owned business with old habits.  With the business we have acquired, it has become mandatory that we remain certified to a GFSI standard.

The extent of my education consists of google searches, skimming the FDA website, as well as reviewing some standards like BRC and TESCO.  However, i feel I have learned the most from others in the food safety field that have been generous, king and patient enough to share their knowledge and expertise with me.

I am thrilled that I have found this forum and hope to learn tons from others in the forum.  I will apologize in advance if some of my questions are amateur as I am still, and will always be in the learning process.

Great to be here, and i look forward to interacting with you all.

Thank You,

Lisa

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Member of the Month - August 2024 New Member Information - Helpful links to get you started What type of ATP swab to validate CIP in dairy industry Member of the Month - July 2024 Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry
[Ad]

Hi Welcome :)

:welcome: to IFSQN Lisa!

Welcome, Lisa! I hope you find this as informative as I have!  :welcome:

Its a great community with lots of experience, (There are a lot of members in the confectionery industry here!)

:welcome:

Hello,

I am new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Lisa, and I work in a small candy factory.  We make mostly handmade items with limited forms of automation (auto baggers, mold injection).  We currently are BRC certifiied but it has been challenging considering we are a small family owned business with old habits.  With the business we have acquired, it has become mandatory that we remain certified to a GFSI standard.

The extent of my education consists of google searches, skimming the FDA website, as well as reviewing some standards like BRC and TESCO.  However, i feel I have learned the most from others in the food safety field that have been generous, king and patient enough to share their knowledge and expertise with me.

I am thrilled that I have found this forum and hope to learn tons from others in the forum.  I will apologize in advance if some of my questions are amateur as I am still, and will always be in the learning process.

Thank You,

Lisa

You're welcome. I'm from México and I'm sure you'll find in this forum many partners willing to share their knowledge and information with you

Thank you to all that have welcomed me!  I can see there is a wealth of information here. 

:welcome:    If you search the website you will find tons of threads with a wealth of information, but don't hesitate to jump in with questions--we all continue to learn. 

Thanks Snookie, I have been reading some interesting threads already.  I can easily pull an all nighter here.

Thanks Snookie, I have been reading some interesting threads already.  I can easily pull an all nighter here.

Yep its a cool place and lots of sweet people who also happen to do candy as well  :roflmao: !

Hello Lisa!

I work for a small Gourmet Chocolate Company here on the East Coast so and we're in the process of pursuing SQF Level 2 Certification so I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about at some point.

All The Best,

Jeff

Thank You,

Lisa

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself Lisa.  We're pleased you joined us too.

All questions are welcome, so need for any apologies.  

You will find all members are very friendly and welcoming.

Hey, welcome and enjoy!

:welcome: Lisa, I may be entering the realm of the confectionary industry in California very soon.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  Jeff & RG3, I'm sure we i will be bouncing questions and ideas off of you two. 

Candy manufacturer?

Similar Discussion Topics
Member of the Month - August 2024 New Member Information - Helpful links to get you started What type of ATP swab to validate CIP in dairy industry Member of the Month - July 2024 Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Flour Inline Magnet Industry Standard Member of the Month - June 2024 New Member Supplier Approval Requirements in the Meat Industry? Member of the Month - May 2024