What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are Tamper Evident Seals required under BRC or FDA?

Started by , Jan 07 2015 06:32 PM
3 Replies

Are there any requirements to have tamper evident seals on food containers in any BRC or FDA.  I understand there's a requirement for transportation to have tamper evident devices, but what about the end product?

Thank for the help,

Patrick

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification? Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit?
[Ad]

Not in issue 6 and not in issue 7.

It is in IFS issue 6.

:welcome: !.   I personally would have to review the FDA standards, but think it is almost a given these days as part of security to protect the product and most customers not only require it, but have become more stringent on what they require. 

I had a fight with my r&d over this because they wanted to release a product that did not have tamper evident seals.  It is not technically required by the FDA for food products, just strongly recommended (and required for medical).   However, it is a foolish business move to not include tamper evidence, and you'll have a hard time supporting your food defense program as robust if anyone can open product and drop *whatever* in there.

Similar Discussion Topics
Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification? Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? SQF-2.4.8 - Is an Environmental Program Required?