What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

An interesting take on the safety of meat in restaurants

Started by , Oct 15 2014 11:30 AM
5 Replies

Hi All,

Just read this on 'Barfblog' (apparently originally from Readers Digest in Canada)

“small cuts of meat, like bone-in pork or chicken breasts, are harder to cook thoroughly because their outsides easily char. This often translates to crispy on the outside and raw on the inside. Unlike undercooked beef—say, a rare burger or a steak tartare—undercooked pork and chicken are highly dangerous and could causes foodborne illnesses.”

Hmmmmmmmm....................!

Mike

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food Safety and Quality Culture Presentation
[Ad]

Guess I'm lucky that I can't afford to eat out and eat at home where I know how to cook it....

Guess I'm lucky that I can't afford to eat out and eat at home where I know how to cook it....

That is undoubtedly the safest option...!

I find it a touch worrying that they are telling their readership to stick with raw steak or undercooked hamburger in a restaurant-(because that is safe) rather than taking a risk that their chicken breast or pork cutlet is undercooked?

Mike

That is undoubtedly the safest option...!

I find it a touch worrying that they are telling their readership to stick with raw steak or undercooked hamburger in a restaurant-(because that is safe) rather than taking a risk that their chicken breast or pork cutlet is undercooked?

Mike

Why am I not comfortable with that option.......oh yeah....I'm smart (most days)  :roflmao:

As "Doug Powell" often says use a tip sensitive thermometer and stick it in.  Never worried that much about it before I started into food safety.  But became a "barfblog" follower and have 3 tip sensitve thermometers in my house now.  :shutup:

Especially important considering how food is produced and handled these days.

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food Safety and Quality Culture Presentation How are You Measuring Your Food Safety Culture Plan? Food Safety Meetings Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Deforested meat products shelf life label requirements The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification