What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Vehicle Pre-cooling temperature for frozen poultry

Started by , Aug 06 2014 04:44 PM
4 Replies

What is the ideal temperature to pre-cool vehicle which carry frozen poultry product 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection BRC SD-Issue 3 Section 5 (Vehicle Operating Standards) IFS 4.15.3, check vehicle temperature of external transport BRC S&D Issue 3 - Vehicle Temperature Controls Artisan Bakery Delivery how to keep product off vehicle floor?
[Ad]

you want to cool to the temperature the truck is going to be when carrying the poultry. 

1 Like

What is the ideal temperature to pre-cool vehicle which carry frozen poultry product 

< -18degC, all other ideal requirements assumed met.

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles,

To brief on the same, We are Distributor of Frozen poultry products to Quick chain restaurant. Recently we have undergone an audit where in the auditor made a remark in terms of vehicle pre-cooling practice we carried out in our company. 

We Pre-cool vehicle to +7 Degree Celsius which is equivalent to cool dock temperature. However, auditor suggested us to pre-cool to -12 degree Celsius as we transport frozen poultry products. 

I would like to know guidelines and scientific literature which support our industry practice ( +7 Degree Celsius )   

Baskaran.G.

Hi Charles,

To brief on the same, We are Distributor of Frozen poultry products to Quick chain restaurant. Recently we have undergone an audit where in the auditor made a remark in terms of vehicle pre-cooling practice we carried out in our company. 

We Pre-cool vehicle to +7 Degree Celsius which is equivalent to cool dock temperature. However, auditor suggested us to pre-cool to -12 degree Celsius as we transport frozen poultry products. 

I would like to know guidelines and scientific literature which support our industry practice ( +7 Degree Celsius )   

Baskaran.G.

Dear Baskaran.G,

i doubt that it exists. But anyone is only too welcome to prove me wrong.

Maybe try the professional Frozen Food transporters since IMEX they have to comply with "standard" Insurance Requirements. i predict you will get an answer similar to mine.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection BRC SD-Issue 3 Section 5 (Vehicle Operating Standards) IFS 4.15.3, check vehicle temperature of external transport BRC S&D Issue 3 - Vehicle Temperature Controls Artisan Bakery Delivery how to keep product off vehicle floor? Does anybody have a vehicle hygiene schedule to share? Vehicle Breakdown Procedures 4.15 BRC Delivery Vehicle Maintenance Looking for Food Transportation Vehicle Checklist? Control vehicle temperature (4.12.2)