What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Inspectors - A BBC Series

Started by , May 16 2014 08:38 AM
3 Replies

Great new eye opener (for the public at least) on food safety.

Might dispel a few myths

This is series 3, but well worth a watch; I'd like to put money on sani wipes purchases going through the roof!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ies-3-episode-1

Caz

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Food Fraud Assessment Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Glass Tupperware in a food manufacturing facility that has a separate Non-GMP lunchroom? Opinion on Food Chain ID Management System
[Ad]

Why does anybody expect shopping trolleys or the shelf where raw potatoes are stored to be "sterile". I found the whole programme to be sensational media....

I agree it's an odd mix of topics/issues but I guess it makes good TV for public consumption.

I felt sorry for the chef who had to cook his burgers to 75 deg C - good advice for a burger stall in the local market, but needs a bit more care when dealing with a good chef as there are other controls that can be applied to ensure the product (ie the medium rare burger) is relatively safe to eat.....and I say that as someone whose 6-year old daughter almost died from E. coli O157!  Maybe the editing removed that advice from the EHO, let's hope so.

I noticed yesterday that my local Tesco had a sign saying that they cleaned their trolleys every night with a sanitiser!

Similar Discussion Topics
Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Food Fraud Assessment Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Glass Tupperware in a food manufacturing facility that has a separate Non-GMP lunchroom? Opinion on Food Chain ID Management System UK verification tests on imported food FDA regulation for food contact materials Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ? Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories