• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

Bonjour,

We are in the process of developing a HACCP plan in a small plan where we have 325 recipies (pie filling, salted sauces, dyes, flavors, caramels, chocolate toppings...)  all for industries or restauration.  I have been told to manage all of theese in one HACCP plan but I can't find a way to regroup every thing.  :helpplease:

Anybody else having a similar challenge?

Best regards

maara91

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 24 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:HACCP, BRC, FOOD SAFETY,

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

A HACCP Plan is more about the process, not the ingredients on a recipe.  You probably need a plan for each product type. (pie filling, salted sauces, etc. Just because the process is different and they have different hazards to consider.

Pizza&Sandwich

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Do all of the products use the same process, equipment, & packaging? Obviously there are significant ingredient differences, but if they use the same process, equipment, & packaging I don't see why you couldn't have them under one. That being said, you would still need to identify all ingredients and any hazards (restricted use, allergens, etc.) associated.

Why are being told to manage one HACCP Plan?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5669 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Bonjour,

We are in the process of developing a HACCP plan in a small plan where we have 325 recipies (pie filling, salted sauces, dyes, flavors, caramels, chocolate toppings...)  all for industries or restauration.  I have been told to manage all of theese in one HACCP plan but I can't find a way to regroup every thing.  :helpplease:

Best regards

Dear vavave,

Good Morning,

Yr query in different forms has appeared here previously  in areas such as foodservice functions and others.

In fact various grouping possibilities exist in HACCP but the options may depend on yr local regulations, precise flow charts, process CCPs etc.

Several of the options are summarised in the UNIDO document in this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-2#entry70186

An example of a  similar thread to current one is here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ccp/#entry67002

You can find probably find a few others by searching for "foodservice".

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Dharmadi Sadeli Putra

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 161 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

My advise is follow all steps in HACCP completely and correctly then you will know whether they should be in different HACCP plan or have them in one

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,283 posts
  • 1307 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

Bonjour,

Best regards

It may be possible if all the products go through the same process so you need to provide more information if you want sound advice.

If it is the same process for all then you will need to look at characteristics of raw materials and finished products to assess if there are different hazards for different recipes.

Follow CODEX GUIDELINES FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE HACCP SYSTEM
'During hazard identification, evaluation, and subsequent operations in designing and applying HACCP systems, consideration must be given to the impact of raw materials, ingredients, food manufacturing practices, role of manufacturing processes to control hazards, likely end-use of the product, categories of consumers of concern, and epidemiological evidence relative to food safety.

2. Describe product
A full description of the product should be drawn up, including relevant safety information such as: composition, physical/chemical structure (including Aw, pH, etc), microcidal/static treatments (heattreatment, freezing, brining, smoking, etc), packaging, durability and storage conditions and method of distribution. Within businesses with multiple products, for example, catering operations, it may be effective to group products with similar characteristics or processing steps, for the purpose of development of the HACCP plan
.'

Regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 14 April 2014 - 06:18 AM.

vavave12

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Thank you all for your input!

We have different processes with different risks.  I should manage those separately.  I have been told to have only one plan to make it easier to maintain.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users