What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Combining Risk assessment and Hazard Analysis CCP Determination

Started by , Feb 06 2014 09:54 PM
4 Replies

I am Working on HACCP Plan for Bakery industry . My risk assessment  form includes:

Process

Step

Hazard

Identification

Cause

(Identified

Hazard) 

Control measure

Frequency

Consequence

Significance

Critical Hazard  (1-10)

CCP/CP

I am  putting the control measures first and then applying risk assessment .

From risk assessment score b/w (1-10) I decide if its CCP or CP. My question is do I  have to do the Hazard Analysis CCP Determination form -5  for my identified CCP'S scoring b/w 1-10 .

I welcome your suggestions...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to list ingredients when combining prepared products? Combining Swaps in Environmental Pathogen Monitoring Plan Combining Refrigerator + Cold Water Thawing Combining audits and checklists? Combining Your HACCP and HARPC Food Safety Plans
[Ad]

Dear Calgary,

I presume form5 is specific to CFIA or someone similar ?

There are a few Canadian posters here who (hopefully) may be able to answer yr query directly.

A URL to view Form5 might even attract a few non-Canadian members ? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

Hi Calgary,

The normal approach under HACCP principles is to conduct your hazard identification first, followed by the identification of any control measures in place (mitigation factors). Next is to determine the significance of the hazard (how important is it?) and this is where your risk assessment comes in to play. Normally only hazards which have been identified as significant go on to CCP determination using a decision tree of some sorts. Note that models can vary and models as defined by regulatory authorities particularly in North America can do it differently from CODEX.

As Charles says, a link to the actual reference documents you mention would help in giving you more accurate advise.

George 

1 Thank

I follow CFIA guidelines and combined both in my HACCP Manual

1 Thank

I follow CFIA guidelines and combined both in my HACCP Manual

Dear mapry2,

Any chance of a link ?

Sounds interesting but completely unintelligible to the cfia-challenged ? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
How to list ingredients when combining prepared products? Combining Swaps in Environmental Pathogen Monitoring Plan Combining Refrigerator + Cold Water Thawing Combining audits and checklists? Combining Your HACCP and HARPC Food Safety Plans Combining 11.3 Personnel into one document/policy statement? SQF Auditor Statement -- Combining Minors to Make a Major Combining multiple products on one metal detection record Combining similar products in food safety plan - expert advice needed Combining Multiple Process in to one HACCP Plan