What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Poultry carcass disinfection

Started by , Oct 03 2013 04:29 AM
2 Replies

Dear members,

Can you please advise me on the following:

The current product using for carcass disinfection is Chlorine 10-12% and the following are the dosage set in different stations/areas. We are planning to switch on to Silver peroxide. Please advice me the concentration needs to be set in place of chlorine.

Chlorine concentration in ppm:                                                  Silver peroxide Concentration in ppm/%

De- feathering (DF) 25ppm

Vent cutter (VC) 40ppm

Opening  machine 40ppm

Evisceration 50ppm

Vacuum 40ppm

Final wash 70ppm

Air tunnel 40ppm 

Also I would be very grateful if some one can share me the HACCP - Processing and pathogen reduction program especially for Salmonella.

Thank you

Aj

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Maintenance team footwear in production areas of a low risk poultry processing plant Meat and Poultry Thaw - Ambient Temperature Equation Manufacture of Poultry, Livestock and Fish Feed HACCP Mold and Yeast levels in raw poultry
[Ad]

Dear anjla,

i would suggest you obtain some credible documents for your intended silver peroxide chemical that validate the safety of such a compound for food use. For example, approval by the USFDA.

I hv no direct experience with this product. This brief discussion might be of interest -

silver peroxide vs chlorine dioxide.pdf   1.16MB   26 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

I would have thought that your supplier of Silver peroxide would be in a position to supply documentation that would show the antimicrobial efficacy of their product and to supply recommended concentrations for use.  Presumably they have validated the product for use in food production - if they haven't I'd be very wary of using it. The sort of efficacy testing they should have done would be similar to this as a very bare minimum, but there's a whole raft of this type of testing that is generally done on such products :http://www.en-standa...ements-phase-1/

Similar Discussion Topics
Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Maintenance team footwear in production areas of a low risk poultry processing plant Meat and Poultry Thaw - Ambient Temperature Equation Manufacture of Poultry, Livestock and Fish Feed HACCP Mold and Yeast levels in raw poultry Checklist for poultry processing industry Poultry further processing (Chicken nuggets & Strips) - Quality related issues and sensory Validation Study- Mashed Pot., Mac and Cheese, and Poultry Gravy Poultry Slaughter CCPs Shipping food products containing meat and poultry to the United States