What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA 21 CFR Part 11 & EU DIRECTIVE 1999/93/EC: digital signatures

Started by , Jul 23 2013 09:36 PM
3 Replies

I wasn't quite sure where to post this question... 

I know that Safefoods 360 and Gael Ltd’s “Q-Pulse” and a handful of other companies handle document control catering to GFSI benchmark requirements, however when it comes to the actual food manufactures having much concern over this issue, I find very little and only references in the tightly scrutinized pharmaceutical/medical device industries.

So when it comes to these kinds of digital record (only with the predicate rules that apply to food packers), I am wondering what people are seeing out there in the food manufacturing industry... (i.e. - not concerned with food import, pharmaceutical or medical device industries submitting digital documents to FDA 21 CFR part 11 requirements)

Cheers,

-Cory

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! Food Traceability Part 204 New Digital Refractometer Validation
[Ad]

Come on! 350 view and NOBODY is dealing with Digital Signatures and Electronic Records!!??

The complexity and growth of Document Control in Food Safety/Quality systems and the heavy paperwork burden is giving rise to Digital Signatures and Electronic Record handling software. The two major legal reference I have found are 21 CFR Part 11 and EU DIRECTIVE 1999-93-EC concerning Digital Signatures and Electronic Records (I haven't looked into what Australia/NZ require).

Anybody getting senior management support in having these types of software systems to support QA/QC management of paperwork burden?

Dear baron,

My personal (tiring) experiences are 100% manual.

I presume the major item in yr post is electronic document control systems.

Not sure if you have already searched this forum but i think i recall several previous threads here discussing this topic and commercial systems like the ones you mention ? Including comments from users also, from memory.

Rgds / Charles.C

Thank you Charles.C. I hear you about the 100% paper manual stuff.

I did search a while back but will have to do it again it seems.

Just surprised that nobody really responded.

Cheers

-B

Similar Discussion Topics
Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! Food Traceability Part 204 New Digital Refractometer Validation Does SQF allow only a part of production to be certified? Does your Food Defense procedure include digital security? Has anyone been audited for BRCGS 9 Part 2 Using part of a new warehouse for food production Digital Maturity in Product Inspection