What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Metal Passivation Process for Food Manufacturing equipment and tools

Started by , Jun 12 2013 08:20 PM
2 Replies

To all the members,

I came across to a requirement about metal Passivation Process for Food Manufacturing equipment and tools.  SQF or FDA requiring evidence of this process for food manufacturing equipment on but it is not mandatory (yet).

If you heard about this, I would like to see your comments or any information you may have about this subject.

Thank you,

Arquelio Ramirez

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Looking for recommendation of third-party subject matter X-ray-Metal Detector BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Guideline for select the Size of test piece of Metal Detector BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces
[Ad]

To all the members,

I came across to a requirement about metal Passivation Process for Food Manufacturing equipment and tools.  SQF or FDA requiring evidence of this process for food manufacturing equipment on but it is not mandatory (yet).

If you heard about this, I would like to see your comments or any information you may have about this subject.

Thank you,

Arquelio Ramirez

Dear  kellio,

Passivation itself is not a newly recommended  procedure for stainless steel of course, eg

http://www.foodsafet...safety-program/

Do you have an accessible link to yr FDA/SQF “requirement for evidence”?. I was unable to find anything relevant from Google.

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

Charles,

Thank you for your response.  I will keep seeking clarification on this subject. A customer Audit asked about this and he made the comments about SQF and FDA.  I have noticing a lot of people are getting getting nervous about "FSMA" and wherever somebody hears something, he/she takes notes and it inmediately becomes a requirment without knowing what it is first.

Similar Discussion Topics
Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Looking for recommendation of third-party subject matter X-ray-Metal Detector BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Guideline for select the Size of test piece of Metal Detector BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Validation of Metal Detector Test Piece Sizes False Positive Metal Detection Reject Purchased a new metal detector lately? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations