What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP Audit Checklist

Started by , Jun 12 2013 02:35 AM
3 Replies

Hi! I'm currently doing a post-graduate course in food safety and one of my assignments is to carry out a HACCP audit in a food industry that exports .

If anybody has any good audit checklist that can help me formulate my own and also advises from members will be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Seafood HACCP Plans How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? How detailed do the documents have to be for HACCP meetings?
[Ad]

Hope this helps

Caz x

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Hi! I'm currently doing a post-graduate course in food safety and one of my assignments is to carry out a HACCP audit in a food industry that exports .

If anybody has any good audit checklist that can help me formulate my own and also advises from members will be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Dear RVueti,

Seems to me that HACCP is basically only a tool. The primary intention should be to achieve an effective FS audit. This IMEX may unfortunately also require more of a detective's type of capabilities. :smile:

I would suggest that it may be advisable to understand the basics of HACCP before worrying about an audit checklist, eg the Codex, NACMCF documents, US Seafood HACCP rules, EC import HACCP requirements. (i appreciate may depend on course level / structure  though).

The HACCP system's orientation may realistically depend considerably on the particular food category also.

One objection IMO to many published expositions of HACCP is that they look like cookbook recipes. This forum continuously demonstrates that the reality is opposite. Just like cooking.

IMO, question 7.5, in Caz's detailed list will baffle a lot of people, ie "Has the CCP decision tree been used correctly?" :thumbup: Maybe one good reason for not using it. :mellow:

@Caz - You must undertake some very long audits (pre-sent Questionnaire maybe?) :clap:

Rgds / Charles.C

I do it twice annually, and use the information from it in my HACCP review

Caz x

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Seafood HACCP Plans How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? How detailed do the documents have to be for HACCP meetings? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? HACCP HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India HACCP for storing and distributing packaging for food products BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?