What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

A Challenging Question: the use of raw unpasteurized shell eggs

Started by , May 30 2013 02:14 AM
1 Reply
A colleague of mine recently ask me if I knew of if there where any regulations or requirements for the use of raw unpasteurized shell eggs in a food processing facilities from regulators or in the BRC Standards (in the province of Ontario CANADA). I am almost positive I have seen that it is not permitted through the myriad of regulations that I have reviewed before but cannot seem to find anything on the subject except for some very general legislative regulations and nothing in the BRC Standards that are only open to individual interpretation.

Would appreciate any comments.

Thanks! SVO
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Question about a Misleading label SQF Code Sector Question SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Practitioner Question
[Ad]

It depends to your process. If you use heat treatment after breaking shells, and you work in a hygienic conditions , specially hygienic personal conditions , then it sounds you dosnt need to care about shells. only care about transfering of Salmonela in your final product and be carefull about contacting between raw material and final product.

Similar Discussion Topics
Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Question about a Misleading label SQF Code Sector Question SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Practitioner Question Nutritional Facts Question Setting up new syrup product line and have CCP question? Biological Hazards Question Question 4 in Decision Tree of FSSC 22000 Cage free eggs