Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Dear All good morning. I would appreciate some input on my new challenge. I am working in a bakery and we produce a range of different products mainly cakes. I would like to solve a problem we are facing at moment and I need some advice on this issue. We do, for different customers same products (i.e. cake) but with different weight. Every time we use to tie a silicon paper on the trolley ready to go in the oven to differentiate the two products. I would like to avoid this system with some metal tag on the trolleys (color code and no plastic since the trolleys are placed in the oven).

Any suggestion and/or advice on this?

thanks

azaam nafiz

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 56 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi Mr.Trevor,

Seems your idea is good :thumbup: but remember to have a strong metal detection step, to avoid your customer finding metal in the final product.

Dear All good morning. I would appreciate some input on my new challenge. I am working in a bakery and we produce a range of different products mainly cakes. I would like to solve a problem we are facing at moment and I need some advice on this issue. We do, for different customers same products (i.e. cake) but with different weight. Every time we use to tie a silicon paper on the trolley ready to go in the oven to differentiate the two products. I would like to avoid this system with some metal tag on the trolleys (color code and no plastic since the trolleys are placed in the oven).

Any suggestion and/or advice on this?

thanks

MrTrevor

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

The silicon paper is not a bad idea at all but I would like to improve this "method" in something more safe for the product and for the BRC standard (read as avoid foreign body)

any suggestions?

MrTrevor

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

no one has any advice?

thanks

TGC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hi

Do you use the same trolleys all of the time for the same products or are they rotated? Would it be possible to engrave the trolleys to distinguish the difference?

MrTrevor

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Trolleys are the same with same trays as well...the only change is the weight

I must use some kind of colored metal since the trolleys go directly to the oven, but I would like at the same time to avoid any possible new FB...

numble numble...

StuartMarriott

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hi Mr Trevor

Is your solution in the placement of your metal tags?

Is there room between the bottom tray and the floor to allow placement there?

The tag would then be below all of the products and share the same 'route of entry' as the nuts and bolts holding the wheels on! i.e. to become associated with the product they would have to somehow be moved further from the ground...they cannot simply just drop into the product.

Regardless of marker however; if you back up the addition of the marker with a documented check on its presence post-bake, (if you monitor core temp of products and record then add this check there!) as well as your existing foreign material detection systems, you should be in a position to risk assess the threat from the presence of the marker as negligible.

You then have an appropriately risk assessed and monitored marker which is in the process to help minimise the risk of failing in legal aspects of the operation (i.e. not packing lighter of the two items into a pack declaring a much heavier weight).

Stuart

MrTrevor

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi Stuart thank you for your answer. The problem to be honest is not with the RA of the metal pieces or with the post baked checks...I am just wondering if there is another way to reconize those trolleys avoiding metal labels.

I know in case we decide to use the metal labels I must to write a careful RA + post baked checks + policy + procedure...

thanks

Edited by MrTrevor, 30 November 2012 - 08:28 AM.

Ian R

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hi
I have had the same issue identifying products on trays through the ovens in both bakeries and meat cooking.
Especially with batch records.

You can get metal detectable tags that 'loop' round the uprights of the racks and are very secure.
If required you can identify each tray on a rack with the system.
The tags can be written on and removed when the racks come out of the oven.

These work well but can get expensive.
Look at the Detectamet website for metal detectable tags.

You can also get these from various label printers but depends on the quantity, min order can be in the thousands.

rgds

Thanked by 1 Member:

shea quay

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 180 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

You are spot on, Ian. Detectamet do rolls of metal detectable tags that loop around trollies in a similar manner to the tags airlines loop around your luggage. They come in rolls of 1,000 in a variety of colours. You can use non-permanent markers on them and wipe and re-use afterwards. I have never been in a situation where I've had to subject them to baking temperatures, but I don't think that they would be an issue. David at http://www.contamina...l.com/Home.aspx would probably be able to advise.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users