What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC 4.4.13 Ventilation for High Risk Area

Started by , Nov 17 2012 09:45 AM
3 Replies
Hi All
I'm not sure for BRC 4.4.13 Ventilation for High Risk Area, my plant is frozen seafood and high risk area is cooked shrimp processing line (Cooking-Freezing-Packing), my question is
- shall we use hepa filter for this area or no need?
- if we can use others filter, can you suggest me the option?
- how we write/draw the air filter specification? can you share the sample?
- if we use hepa filter, the frequency for changing is?

Thank you so much.
Best Regards.

Hirochi
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
documented risk analysis of external environment and land use Room Risk Sanity Check Environmental monitoring - zoning in raw material area Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Co-Packaging in Separate Area
[Ad]
Any ventilation experts on the forums can help with this?

Thanks,
Simon

Hi All
I'm not sure for BRC 4.4.13 Ventilation for High Risk Area, my plant is frozen seafood and high risk area is cooked shrimp processing line (Cooking-Freezing-Packing), my question is

Thank you so much.
Best Regards.

Hirochi

Hello Hirochi,

With regards to BRC Requirements: There is no absolute standard for the filters, the grade depends on loading, source of the air and exposure time of products. The effectiveness of the system should be checked by periodic sampling of air microbiological quality. More important is air overpressure and prevention of air movement from low risk to high risk.

High-Efficiency Particulate Air or HEPA filter rating is applicable to any highly efficient air filter that can attain the same filter efficiency performance standards as a minimum. To qualify as HEPA by US government standards, an air filter must remove 99.97% of all particles greater than 0.3 micrometre from the air that passes through. The specification usually used in the European Union is the European Norm EN 1822:2009. It defines several classes of HEPA filters by their retention at the given Most Penetrating Particle Size.

In the past I have seen the following recommendations which would be installed with a course pre-filter.

High Care/High Risk food production
F5 / F6 filter followed by F8 - H11

High Risk direct product contact
F5 / F6 filter followed by H11 filter

Filters are changed based on loading and manufacturers recommendations.

Some more info here - Guidelines on air handling in the food industry

I can recommend a contractor in the UK if you PM me but I'm not sure that will help?

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi All

Thank you so much.
Best Regards.

Hirochi

Dear Phirochi,

FYI, AFAIK, the accessible BRC6 viewpoint is on Pg6 of attachment below -

brc6 F048 - Understanding High care and High risk 3 28 5 12 Final.pdf   589.79KB   161 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C
2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
documented risk analysis of external environment and land use Room Risk Sanity Check Environmental monitoring - zoning in raw material area Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Co-Packaging in Separate Area Risk Assessments for SQF 9 Nonfood Processing Area? Testing Plan Risk Assessment BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity