What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP plan for small sized plant

Started by , Nov 15 2012 08:51 PM
3 Replies
Hi everyone

First of all i would like thank the forum members for their useful advice. I think i have learnt a lot from you guys

I would like to ask you for some help; I want to make a HACCP plan for a small sized plant, producing confectionary (chocolate) products. The products produced are hand made....in other words the plant is small sized.... there is no continuous line...our products-- for instance chocolate biscuits- are produced by hand (small scale)....so it is not actually a plant with a continuous line but a "kitchen" with equipment for small scale production.....The area consists of some counters (where the products are prepared) and some equipment like a small chocolate enrober.....It is kind of like comparing it with a bakery or confectionary laboratory.......So i would like to ask if anyone has any info/guide or anything relevant that could help me set up a HACCP plan for my plant.....

I would really appeciate your help

Thanks in advance
Billy
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP vs PCQI Training No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Where to Find the Current HACCP Standard? Is IFSQN HACCP Training Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance? CCP in HACCP Process
[Ad]

Hi everyone

First of all i would like thank the forum members for their useful advice. I think i have learnt a lot from you guys

I would like to ask you for some help; I want to make a HACCP plan for a small sized plant, producing confectionary (chocolate) products. The products produced are hand made....in other words the plant is small sized.... there is no continuous line...our products-- for instance chocolate biscuits- are produced by hand (small scale)....so it is not actually a plant with a continuous line but a "kitchen" with equipment for small scale production.....The area consists of some counters (where the products are prepared) and some equipment like a small chocolate enrober.....It is kind of like comparing it with a bakery or confectionary laboratory.......So i would like to ask if anyone has any info/guide or anything relevant that could help me set up a HACCP plan for my plant.....

Thanks in advance
Billy

Hi Billy,

While your manufacturing techniques might not be as elaborate a system that you might see in a larger factory, the thing that you do have in common with a large food plant is the human consumer and the responsibility to make sure you don’t kill them. (pardon my bluntness – I always found that to be the buzz phrase that garnered the proper respect required to set the tone).

Even in a kitchen you still have things like ingredients, cooking methods, employees (with all their bad habits), bacterial/chemical/biological hazards, etc. etc. etc. to address. I don’t have any easy answer to provide you, but you have the right attitude – you want to be educated further. Check out sec. 103 of the FSMA if you haven't already: http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FSMA/ucm247548.htm#SEC103

Best of luck to you!

-Chris

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance
Billy

Hi Billy,

We provide Food Service Systems which are for similar types of operations so should be able to help you draft something quite quickly.

What we normally want to see in such a HACCP plan is the following:
Step Number
Step Name
What can go wrong? - Hazards
What can I do about it? - Preventative Measure
How can I check? Monitoring Procures
What if it's not right? - Corrective Action
Record
Procedure

Here is an example:
Food Service HACCP.pdf   83.17KB   122 downloads

In order to help please let us have:
a plan of your kitchen showing operations
an idea of the biscuit recipe
a list of steps of your process of making the biscuits
allergens that are handled e.g. flour, eggs, milk, nuts

Kind regards,

Tony
1 Thank
Dear Billy,

It might be relevant to inform us why you are making the HACCP plan ?

Is it intended to be submitted for some specific production permit since i hv noted that many US states have their own particular required layout styles for such projects ?.

I assume you realise that HACCP is a "plant" wide system overlapping onto basic GMP requirements hence the generic nature in the very nice format of previous post. The specifics will always relate to your production area.

FWIW (i suspect you've seen it already ), I enclose a previously posted document (Appendix chapter) containing a HACCP plan for chocolate chip cookies (random choice). This is of limited "hazard data" value since all the haccp stages for this product seem to be considered totally hazard-free in the author's particular situation which is rather unlikely in practice. Nonetheless the format of this and other included products (some of which do hv hazards) may be helpful.

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__25245

(the rest of manual [Pt1] is also available here ) -
http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__22949

Note - from other threads here and elsewhere, typical CCPs for products like chocolate chip cookies can include (a) incoming receipt (hazard - unlabelled allergen ingredients), (b)baking (hazard - micro.pathogens), ©metal detection (hazard - metal inclusion.)(I rather doubt that you hv a metal detector in which case some [validatory] visual data will perhaps be necessary)

Rgds / Charles.C
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP vs PCQI Training No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Where to Find the Current HACCP Standard? Is IFSQN HACCP Training Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance? CCP in HACCP Process Microbiological Testing and HACCP for Ice Pops Seafood HACCP Plans How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance How detailed do the documents have to be for HACCP meetings?