What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Outsourcing Pest Control?

Started by , Nov 05 2012 09:31 PM
6 Replies
Is it required that a business hires an outside pest control company? Or can the business monitor and control pests by themselves? I'm assuming they must be certified? Thanks!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Outsourcing <-> Clients Outsourcing sanitation to cleaning company? Outsourcing 3rd Parties to Manage Regulatory Compliance Outsourcing the same food process to a third party What documentation is required for outsourcing cleaning services?
[Ad]

Is it required that a business hires an outside pest control company? Or can the business monitor and control pests by themselves? I'm assuming they must be certified? Thanks!

That all depends on where you are located. At my previous job in Tennessee, we had to contract out, because obtaining a pesticide application license was not possible unless you worked for a pest control company.

Currently, I do all pest control in house because in Ohio, I can get a application license.

It all boils down to your location and preference. Personally I prefer to do pest control (inspections, monitoring, application, etc.) in house because that gives me direct control over the program. I have had bad experiences with contracted pest control and have fired more than a few companies that would not perform up to my expectations.

Marshall
1 Thank
Thanks for sharing it.

I depends on building a pest control team in that business. If you have a strong and good pest control staff in your business then there is no need of pest control company to contract with.. But if business man thinks that it is difficult to build that amazing team then he can contract with any outsourcing pest control company...

We hire a company. It takes a lot of pressure off you as they have all the correct documentation on file which makes the audit a breeze.

As stated above, it is subject to local regulation and depends on where your standing however,

IMHO the use of chemicals is one tier of pest control. The more important aspects involve stopping pest ingress, and making the environment less hospitable (ie. getting everything food and equipment alike at least 6 in off the floor, maintaining 18in isles in storage areas and other areas to provide for a method of cleaning and again making the environment less hospitable.  A "Pest Exclusion" plan is better that a pest control plan. All that being said, I is in-house pest control is being conducted, and there is ANY evidence of pest activity during an inspection I would immediately state that it's time for a professional to intervene.

As stated above, it is subject to local regulation and depends on where your standing however,

IMHO the use of chemicals is one tier of pest control. The more important aspects involve stopping pest ingress, and making the environment less hospitable (ie. getting everything food and equipment alike at least 6 in off the floor, maintaining 18in isles in storage areas and other areas to provide for a method of cleaning and again making the environment less hospitable.  A "Pest Exclusion" plan is better that a pest control plan. All that being said, I is in-house pest control is being conducted, and there is ANY evidence of pest activity during an inspection I would immediately state that it's time for a professional to intervene.

Good advice duckman. :quack:

Similar Discussion Topics
Outsourcing <-> Clients Outsourcing sanitation to cleaning company? Outsourcing 3rd Parties to Manage Regulatory Compliance Outsourcing the same food process to a third party What documentation is required for outsourcing cleaning services? Outsourcing Cleaning and Sanitation Outsourcing a Sanitation Crew Sanitation Crew vs. Outsourcing Advice on Outsourcing the Internal Audit Program Outsourcing vs Purchasing in the context of ISO 22000?