What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Choosing a Food safety scheme for a Company

Started by , Oct 26 2012 01:48 PM
3 Replies
Hi all,

How would I decide which is the correct scheme for a client to join? There is such an array of schemes out there that I am not sure which one would be appropriate. They are a small organic salmon producer, but a lot of their customers are requesting 3rd party auditing, so I feel that joining some scheme is the answer, as the Qualoty people don't seem to regard organic certification as enough.
Has anyone here got any ideas?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Choosing the right GFSI Certification What are some factors that go into choosing a food safety system whether it is SQF, FSSC, ISO or HACCP? Choosing a steam pressure washer equipment Choosing test samples for X-Ray Choosing between BRC vs BAP
[Ad]
Are you HACCP certified?
Maybe probe the customers a bit more as to what quality/safety standard they are expecting...?
Dear trubertq,

As per previous post, likely to depend on "scope".

I would hv thought requirements from relevant customers would likely be the first choice(s) for evaluation. Do you have any to throw in for other readers who may hv familiarity +/- ?

FWIW and to amplify yr original post, some possible certifiers are listed here -

http://en.wikipedia....nic_aquaculture

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Choosing the right GFSI Certification What are some factors that go into choosing a food safety system whether it is SQF, FSSC, ISO or HACCP? Choosing a steam pressure washer equipment Choosing test samples for X-Ray Choosing between BRC vs BAP CCPs vs oPRPs: Choosing and Classifying Food Safety Control Measures Choosing A Contract Sanitation Company Who's choosing unannounced for your upcoming audit? Choosing sandwich panel for production - polyurethane or rock wool? Choosing an appropriate name for your product