What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 5 - Internal Audit Checklist

Started by , Sep 24 2012 11:44 AM
4 Replies
Internal Audit Template_Issue 5.docx   107.56KB   96 downloads

Hi Everyone

Having laboured for 2 days now, producing an Issue 5 checklist (BRC has kindly produced one for Issue 6, but not Issue 5), I thought it might be useful for others who still need to audit under Issue 5 until 'upgrading' to Issue 6.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ensuring Food Safety in Transportation: A Deep Dive into 21 CFR Part 1, Subpart O Longest Wait for Audit Report: Share Your Experiences After the BRC Audit....... Root Cause Analysis for Non-Conformities After BRCGS Audit Can anyone share an integrated audit checklist for ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 9001
[Ad]
Where I don't doubt that you have put some time in to producing this document, was it really necessary?
Issue 6 has been in place since January, food businesses should really be running from the issue 6 hymn book from at the latest March or April.
Just my 2 cents, apologies if this comes off a bit negative.
1 Thank
You're right, but I had to do it myself for a series of internal audits and just thought it might be useful for anyone else in a similar position, even if they only needed one or two sections from it.

I've been able to save myself a lot of time from others' hard work that post here, so it's trying to give a little bit back, even though, as you say, it will be of limited value at this late hour!
Dear All,

As a Food Safety Officer that want to carry out GAP analysis for an enterprise what are the likely materials that I can use as a guide for this assignment.

Thank you.
My advice to you to complete a true gap, do the following:

1. Get the standard issue 6 of course
2. Get the interpretation guideline
3. Focus on the 10 fundamentals
4. Audit programs in your system that have a direct impact on the fundamentals
5. For deviations/ gaps identified in your internal audit, have corrective actions.
6. Confirm it was effective
7 Have measurable evidence/trends proving the corrective action in place fixes and closes the loop.

BRC is straight forward if your program is bulletproof.

Niru
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Ensuring Food Safety in Transportation: A Deep Dive into 21 CFR Part 1, Subpart O Longest Wait for Audit Report: Share Your Experiences After the BRC Audit....... Root Cause Analysis for Non-Conformities After BRCGS Audit Can anyone share an integrated audit checklist for ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 9001 Walmart Social Audit Inquiry Finding an External Consultant for Internal Audits: Recommendations? PET resins for manufacturing packaging in the food industry? Allergen Management for Non-Food Safe Chemicals: Best Practices? X-Ray Machine Requirement for Initial Audit: Clarification Needed