What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cost analysis: UV insect traps vs. adhesive foil traps

Started by , Aug 22 2012 06:31 AM
3 Replies
Dear colleagues - I'm interested in cost experience of UV light insect traps and insect traps with adhesive foil. Do you have have some experience in general costs, consumables and power consumption?

Thank you very much in advance. In return I offer my feedback in BRC IoP, ISO 9001 and packaging hygiene competence.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ridiculous cost of Vitamin D testing - is it common? FSVP Development and Implementation Cost Estimated cost of a FSMA Gap Assessment (21CFR117) Low cost solution to 24-hour temperature monitoring? Formula for cost of non-conformance
[Ad]
Can anybody in the pest control industry please offer some advice on this one.

Thanks,
Simon

Dear colleagues - I'm interested in cost experience of UV light insect traps and insect traps with adhesive foil. Do you have have some experience in general costs, consumables and power consumption?

Thank you very much in advance. In return I offer my feedback in BRC IoP, ISO 9001 and packaging hygiene competence.

Hello there, my personal experiences are that the glue board type fly traps are marginally more expensive to run on an annual basis as you will have to change the glue boards regularly and depending on the type of glueboard and machine the cost can vary considerably, you would have to investigate the models you want and check the cost of consumables.

However glueboards EFK`s are a much better choice in sensitive areas and high risk food lines because the risk of insect fragments is negligible compared with a Grid killer unit of the same size.

So you take your choice, glueboard for high risk sensitive areas and zapper types where the problems are less sensitive.

There are many maker and models out there, they all pretty much do the same job, your task is to select the type and coverage you require for your business, any decent pest controller will be able to point you in the right direction

Bunny
Thank you very much! This helps.

Similar Discussion Topics
Ridiculous cost of Vitamin D testing - is it common? FSVP Development and Implementation Cost Estimated cost of a FSMA Gap Assessment (21CFR117) Low cost solution to 24-hour temperature monitoring? Formula for cost of non-conformance Cost of Food Safety Software Cost of Certification for SQF and Organic Cost of development and Implementation of a FSVP for small clients Approximate cost of implementing a Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) How can we conduct a cost effective mock recall?