What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Hygiene Rating Schemes

Started by , Apr 14 2012 03:28 PM
5 Replies
What are the pros and cons of food hygiene rating schemes like this one? http://www.food.gov....cal-authorities
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Food Fraud Assessment Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Glass Tupperware in a food manufacturing facility that has a separate Non-GMP lunchroom? Opinion on Food Chain ID Management System
[Ad]
For me I like them. I have quite a bit of confidence in this scheme and as a consumer it provides me with information and choice. I cannot inspect the kitchens myself.

What do you think?

Regards,
Simon
Simon,

I agree with what you said. If properly managed, the rating schemes provide a good motivation for the food service operators and helpful information to consumers.

If poorly administered, however, particularly if operators perform well at times and poorly at other times, the program has to promptly react to such situations. These variations (undulations) also have to be promptly and clearly communicated to the consumers. Otherwise, there will likely be some confusion. Consumers may proceed according to prior rather than current information about the rated establishments.

Do you have any additional thoughts?

Cheers!

gcse-fhp

What are the pros and cons of food hygiene rating schemes like this one? http://www.food.gov....cal-authorities

Well, food hygiene rating schemes good motivation for food services agents. The systems help customers choose where to eat out or store for meals by providing them information about the cleanliness requirements in dining places, bars, takeaways, resorts and meals stores.
Personally I don't pay any attention. My favourite take away has a 2 star rating and it is still the best chinese food I've had outside China!

Do you know of a similar initiative in other countries (Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, etc.)?

Similar Discussion Topics
Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Food Fraud Assessment Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Glass Tupperware in a food manufacturing facility that has a separate Non-GMP lunchroom? Opinion on Food Chain ID Management System UK verification tests on imported food FDA regulation for food contact materials Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ? Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories