What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sausages

Started by , Nov 20 2005 09:54 PM
2 Replies
Did anyone watch the UK TV programme the other night that did an analysis of sausgages and what they contain. I love a sausage butty, but was horrified to find what go in them. If it just says sausages on the pack they can contain as little as 30% meat and when I say meat this can be fat, grissle, connective tissue and other disgusting stuff. Think I'll stick to bacon.

Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Micro implications of re-freezing sausages HEV in Sausages (UK) How long can I keep cooked sausages in the fridge? Plastic contamination in poultry sausages Sausages - Maximum residual levels of nitrites & nitrates
[Ad]

If it just says sausages on the pack they can contain as little as 30% meat and when I say meat this can be fat, grissle, connective tissue and other disgusting stuff. Think I'll stick to bacon.

Eyeholes, earholes and a@#*holes as the checkout girl on The Fast Show once said !
Seriously Simon if you can't give up your Sausage butty then M&S do some lovely ones with a pretty high real meat content .

Eyeholes, earholes and a@#*holes as the checkout girl on The Fast Show once said !
Seriously Simon if you can't give up your Sausage butty then M&S do some lovely ones with a pretty high real meat content .

Hi Martin,

I always knew sausages were not very healthy and were probably filled with rubbish, but now I know exactly how much, its put me of a little. That said I went to Aldi on Saturday and got some nice pork and rosemary that were 86% meat. As sausages go that's about as good as it gets. You never know Rosemary may taste quite nice.

BTW you're right M & S is quality for all food.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Micro implications of re-freezing sausages HEV in Sausages (UK) How long can I keep cooked sausages in the fridge? Plastic contamination in poultry sausages Sausages - Maximum residual levels of nitrites & nitrates Hazard Analysis #2: Cooling my Sausages