• 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:watch sports and current affairs. reading books,

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi All,

Can Any one help me to develop HACCP in our industry. we are food (powder drink) manufacturer and packer). what will be potential hazards during manufacturing and packaging process. such as receiving of raw material, process manufacturing, filling, weighing, packing, storage and despatching. any example of risk assessment and their control of these process. i required just only the risk assessment chart for these process.

thanks.

naseem

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5669 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hi All,

Can Any one help me to develop HACCP in our industry. we are food (powder drink) manufacturer and packer). what will be potential hazards during manufacturing and packaging process. such as receiving of raw material, process manufacturing, filling, weighing, packing, storage and despatching. any example of risk assessment and their control of these process. i required just only the risk assessment chart for these process.

thanks.

naseem

Dear naseem,

To receive meaningful feedback, you need to specify a basic minimum of product / process; preferably a product/process flow chart and product description.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

naseem11

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Dear Charles,

You mean process flow chart of the manufacturing product?

naseem

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5669 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Dear Charles,

You mean process flow chart of the manufacturing product?

naseem

Dear naseem,

Yes. Below is (abridged) start of routine Codex haccp procedure. (You are the "HACCP team" for present purposes :smile: ).

2. Describe product
A full description of the product should be drawn up, including relevant safety information such as: composition, physical/chemical structure (including Aw , pH, etc), microcidal/static treatments (heat-treatment, freezing, brining, smoking, etc), packaging, durability and storage conditions and method of distribution.

3. Identify intended use
The intended use should be based on the expected uses of the product by the end user or consumer. In specific cases, vulnerable groups of the population, e.g. institutional feeding, may have to be considered.

4. Construct flow diagram

The flow diagram should be constructed by the HACCP team. The flow diagram should cover all steps in the operation for a specific product.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

naseem11

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Dear Charles,

attached please find the process flow chart for our powder drink product.

thanks.

Attached Files

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5669 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Dear Naseem,

Thanks for the process chart, looks quite nice. Must admit this is the first plan I have seen for this product type.
There are a few items I am unsure, eg “PMO” = ?, “SMP” = Sodium MonoPhosphate or Skimmed Milk Powder or ?
“Vitamin” = A,C ??

Basically seems to be a grinding/weighing/mixing/dispensing /coding/storing process. I presume this all done at ambient (ie non-chilled) temperature.

I assume the product is shelf-stable.

I assume you have a specification(s) for the product/ingredients, see 2,3 in my previous post. I presume these identify all the items as (validatably)(BCP) food grade. I assume relevant COAs are supplied for each ingredient lot.

I assume all typical prerequisites are implemented., eg as per PAS220 so that the environment / personnel /equipment is suitably hygienic for the product. I presume none of the items are allergenic (If SMP = Skimmed Milk Powder, would be :smile: ).

If so, yr metal detector CCP1 (implemented how ?) is a typical choice for many haccp plans although would be more logical further down the line (maybe this is not practical?). Most of the usual contamination hazards should be controlled by PRPs.

Not sure why yr sachet filling is CCP2 ? (safety hazard = ?).

Vitamin toxicity might be a relevant hazard depending on yr actual process details.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users