What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen Policy & Procedure

Started by , Jan 25 2012 03:00 PM
7 Replies
Hi

Does anyone have an example of a Allergen policy and procedure which may help me write one for a bakery.

Many Thanks
Andy
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen Management for Non-Food Safe Chemicals: Best Practices? Milk Allergen Threshold: What is Acceptable? Rejection for major food allergen Corn Starch Allergen Concerns: What to Consider? Lactose as milk allergen- FDA reference?
[Ad]
Hi Andy

I have attached a copy of allergen policy that you can possibly use as a guide ... Mind you if this is for the BRC you also need a list of all the allergens used on site and a list of all the products that contain allergens,

Hope it helps

good luck
monica Control of Special Products.doc   64.5KB   904 downloadsControl of Nuts.doc   44.5KB   534 downloads
7 Thanks
I've attached our allergen control program which is geared towards United States regulations and SQF, but you could probably just insert the UK's regs, I imagine they are similar.

Attached Files

13 Thanks
Dear crumpetman,

2 Documents for "bakery" previously uploaded by snailrail -

bakery allergen_risk_assessment..xls   12.5KB   516 downloads

bakery RISK_ASSESSMENT_QUESTIONAIRE_ALLERGEN_1_.doc   137KB   502 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C
5 Thanks
Many Thanks to everyone for your help

Andy
I echo Crumpetmans thanks to all who have replied so far, and to all those who may continue to reply . . this is a thorny issue which I have also just inherited and the information provided so far has set me on the right path to resolving it

Regards

Gloria

Dear all,

Does anyone have an example of a Allergen policy and procedure which may help me write one for a shrimp processing?.

Many Thanks
Asnawi

Dear all,

Does anyone have an example of a Allergen policy and procedure which may help me write one for a shrimp processing?.

Many Thanks
Asnawi

Hi Asnawi,

Both items are likely to depend on your specific process/product and your relevant FS Standard/objective.

Offhand,i suggest you first study the implementation logic in the excellent procedure in Post 3.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen Management for Non-Food Safe Chemicals: Best Practices? Milk Allergen Threshold: What is Acceptable? Rejection for major food allergen Corn Starch Allergen Concerns: What to Consider? Lactose as milk allergen- FDA reference? Urgent Request for Egg Allergen Testing Procedures Wheat Allergen Cleaning Validation Challenges Understanding allergen settle plates Addressing Allergen Validation Non-Conformities What allergen labeling requirements apply to portion control packages for salad bars?