What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

5.2 Allergens - Cleaning and Allergen Control

Started by , Jan 16 2012 02:06 PM
4 Replies
http://www.foodmanuf...ewsletter+Daily

Is this really what David means... "documentation of what foods workers bring on-site for lunch" DOCUMENTATION???? Wtf? So now do I have to ask them for a menu in advance...?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cleaning a fatty roof in Bakery Allergen Management for Non-Food Safe Chemicals: Best Practices? Milk Allergen Threshold: What is Acceptable? Holes in Programs and Vacuum Packing Machine Cleaning How to Develop a Cleaning Schedule Based on Risk Assessment?
[Ad]

http://www.foodmanuf...sletter%2BDaily

Is this really what David means... "documentation of what foods workers bring on-site for lunch" DOCUMENTATION???? Wtf? So now do I have to ask them for a menu in advance...?

I am totally agree with Marc Browne, one of the comment makers. BRC has become a joke. Standard's developers should make their developments more simple and easy with more emphasis on the core basics of food safety and quality.

This is not a single case. The BRC standard has some other ridiculous things like using of plasters (for cut and grazes) with metallic strips, and checking them at the time of receiving with metal detectors. Even a child could guess that it is practically nonsense especially for small and medium sized manufacturers.

IMO, mostly all standard developers always want to make their developments as "masterpieces" without considering the practical aspects and ground realities.

Regards:

M.Zeeshan.

1 Thank
IMO the need of “documentation of what foods workers bring on-site for lunch" is just an interpretation of Mr. Ron Rigby. “Documented procedures… to ensure the effective management of allergens” that include …“restriction on food brought onto site by the staff” does not mean to ask the food workers what they eat during the break. On the contrary could be useful to avoid that such foods enter the production site, to write it in the hygienic regulation of the company and, possibly, to monitor (and verify) the staff behaviour.

mauro
1 Thank
Well it's documented in our training and I've put it into my monthly audit as well.

I just think BRC are moving away from the pragmatic approach they had before. There was a lot of criticism of issue 5 that it was 'risk assess' everything but I'm realising now how sensible that was! At least then it could be adaptable for smaller businesses.

IMO the need of “documentation of what foods workers bring on-site for lunch" is just an interpretation of Mr. Ron Rigby. “Documented procedures… to ensure the effective management of allergens” that include …“restriction on food brought onto site by the staff” does not mean to ask the food workers what they eat during the break. On the contrary could be useful to avoid that such foods enter the production site, to write it in the hygienic regulation of the company and, possibly, to monitor (and verify) the staff behaviour.

mauro

Well said Mauro, I agree and read it as having some rules, education and monitoring of foodstuffs in place.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Cleaning a fatty roof in Bakery Allergen Management for Non-Food Safe Chemicals: Best Practices? Milk Allergen Threshold: What is Acceptable? Holes in Programs and Vacuum Packing Machine Cleaning How to Develop a Cleaning Schedule Based on Risk Assessment? Pest Control Manual Ownership and Responsibility Rejection for major food allergen Corn Starch Allergen Concerns: What to Consider? Lactose as milk allergen- FDA reference? Temperature Control of Raw Meat