What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Root Cause Analysis Procedure?

Started by , Jan 11 2012 02:46 PM
9 Replies
Hello

I work for a food manufacturing company and am looking for a good template to help implement a corrective action process. I realize there are many tools [5-why's, fishbone, pareto, etc.] Ideally, the process would outline specific steps and responsibilities. My goal here is to address and eliminate internal and external non-conformances as a means of continuous improvement. I have found that, to this point, our existing process is ineffective as we have seen periodic repeats of the same issues.

I would guess others may be interested in this topic, as it relates to GFSI schemes.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Root Cause Analysis for Non-Conformities After BRCGS Audit Is Root Cause Analysis Always Necessary? What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? Approving farm supplier for dried ginseng root Determining Root Cause
[Ad]
Not a procedure per se, but I hope this is a useful information in improving corrective action responses.

http://www.anab.org/.../4600/hu137.pdf
4 Thanks
That is useful. Thanks.

Hello

I work for a food manufacturing company and am looking for a good template to help implement a corrective action process. I realize there are many tools [5-why's, fishbone, pareto, etc.] Ideally, the process would outline specific steps and responsibilities. My goal here is to address and eliminate internal and external non-conformances as a means of continuous improvement. I have found that, to this point, our existing process is ineffective as we have seen periodic repeats of the same issues.

I would guess others may be interested in this topic, as it relates to GFSI schemes.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Ihope this template can help you

rgds

AS NUR

Attached Files

1 Like10 Thanks
I have found out that in most cases the problems keep coming back because the phenomenon was not described properly. If you define the problem wrongly you will solve it wrongly and it will most definitely come back. Use 5W1H to first clearly define the problem then apply the route cause analysis to solve it.
1 Thank
I based my non-conformance reporting system on the ANAB ACCREDITATION ASSESSOR’S GUIDANCE

FOR CORRECTIVE ACTION REVIEW

AUTHORITY:

ACCREDITATION MANAGER

EFFECTIVE DATE:

24 JUNE 2008

DOCUMENT NUMBER:

FM 3007.00

It is attached.

I would also recommend a register of Non-Conformance (Or Corrective Action) reports for tracking this process. This could be a straight-forward Excel file showing all NC's, with those still open highlighted. Best systems I have seen are the collaborative network systems that continues to email the responsible party (for corrective action) until complete. Copies of this log are visible to all management.6 0 Training Procedure - Root Cause - Advanced.doc   53KB   625 downloads

Bob
3 Thanks

Ihope this template can help you

rgds

AS NUR

Dear AS NUR,

Thks for yr template. IMEX, several of the "whys" are often replaced by "who".

My guess is it was designed for car manufacturers ? I got lost in the arrows.

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear AS NUR,

Thks for yr template. IMEX, several of the "whys" are often replaced by "who".

My guess is it was designed for car manufacturers ? I got lost in the arrows.

Rgds / Charles.C

your welcome Charles. It my pleasure if that template usefull for any body
five whays method is one of problem solving tools that can use to find rootcause. It can be used for any industry...
I personally use a combination of 6M fishbone, the bill of material and the haccp flowchart.
So first I setup a extensive list of all materials, machines etc. And then I start to eliminate them one by one with the team.

But I agree that the most important part is to describe the phenomena as exactly as possible.

your welcome Charles. It my pleasure if that template usefull for any body
five whays method is one of problem solving tools that can use to find rootcause. It can be used for any industry...

this is very useful, thanks so much

Similar Discussion Topics
Root Cause Analysis for Non-Conformities After BRCGS Audit Is Root Cause Analysis Always Necessary? What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? Approving farm supplier for dried ginseng root Determining Root Cause Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy