What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What should be the period for microbiological checks in BRC-IOP?

Started by , Dec 23 2011 08:49 AM
2 Replies
Do you have any recommends about the period of microbiological checks about the production area air, personnel hand hygene and product conduct surfaces?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological specifications for refined vegetable oils Microbiological specification dairy products Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Vacuum bags integrity checks
[Ad]

Do you have any recommends about the period of microbiological checks about the production area air, personnel hand hygene and product conduct surfaces?

I would think that is something you have to risk assess.

For example, if you are producing a product where the is extensive handling by personnel, then there is an increase chance of contamination by Staph aureus then i would carry out hand swabs on say a monthly basis. But if the operation was automated, then i would carry out hand swabs on a 6 monthly basis.

Caz x

Previously I had a quarterly audit conducted but reduced it to six monthly based on good findings. I did consider stopping it altogether but customers and auditors like to see it as it provides some validation that the GMP/Prerequisites are effective.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological specifications for refined vegetable oils Microbiological specification dairy products Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Vacuum bags integrity checks Minimum weight checks before packaging Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Allergen Label Checks Microbiological testing Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold