• 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of an instance where a sanitation chemical company has recalled a product due to a potential food safety hazard if used in processing areas or on food contact surfaces?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,849 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

Never heard of it myself RMAV - have you?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

Never heard of it myself RMAV - have you?

No, I have not heard of it. I posed the question in response to the "Chemical Traceability" thread because I had never heard of it and we're spending time on figuring out ways to trace it should the need arise. I personally lean toward the position that we have "bigger fish to fry," but I work on chemical traceability anyway.

The way you titled this thread is not the same as my question, but it reminds me of another question. The term, "sanitizer/sanitiser," is defined differently in the US as it is in other parts of the world. Sanitizer to us in the states is equivalent to "disinfectant" in the EU. It gets confusing. Even the PAS 220 gets confused!

Anyway, the question this made me think of is the use of sanitizer/disinfectant. The purpose of such is to reduce pathogens to an acceptable level. What if a high-risk facility fails to use it in the proper concentration to the point that pathogen reduction cannot be assured? I know what the answer is in practice, and that it is hardly ever a CCP. But to me this is a concern, especially in a RTE facility where l.mono is an "when" more than an "if."

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users