What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Recall due to incorrect use of sanitiser

Started by , Oct 20 2011 03:01 AM
2 Replies
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of an instance where a sanitation chemical company has recalled a product due to a potential food safety hazard if used in processing areas or on food contact surfaces?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Quaker Recall BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall?
[Ad]
Never heard of it myself RMAV - have you?

Never heard of it myself RMAV - have you?

No, I have not heard of it. I posed the question in response to the "Chemical Traceability" thread because I had never heard of it and we're spending time on figuring out ways to trace it should the need arise. I personally lean toward the position that we have "bigger fish to fry," but I work on chemical traceability anyway.

The way you titled this thread is not the same as my question, but it reminds me of another question. The term, "sanitizer/sanitiser," is defined differently in the US as it is in other parts of the world. Sanitizer to us in the states is equivalent to "disinfectant" in the EU. It gets confusing. Even the PAS 220 gets confused!

Anyway, the question this made me think of is the use of sanitizer/disinfectant. The purpose of such is to reduce pathogens to an acceptable level. What if a high-risk facility fails to use it in the proper concentration to the point that pathogen reduction cannot be assured? I know what the answer is in practice, and that it is hardly ever a CCP. But to me this is a concern, especially in a RTE facility where l.mono is an "when" more than an "if."

Similar Discussion Topics
Quaker Recall BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Mock Recall Exercise: Determining Recall Classification (Metal Contamination) SQF- Recall/Traceability - Time of Completion Can we use Mock Recall information for a Traceability Exercise Risk assessment to determine if recall necessary Customer requesting information for mock recall