What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Nuclear incident in Japan, radiation of food and ingredients

Started by , Apr 22 2011 09:23 AM
4 Replies
Dear colleagues,

I am curious how you view the current situation regarding Japanese produce. In Europe the first boats and planes with Japanese foodstuffs have arrived and I am hearing stories of companies sending out or demanding declarations of conformity, among others, with EU regulation Nr. 297/2011.

Did any of you receive or send such a document and what are you/ your customers hoping to gain from it? OR are you guys confident that the Food Safety Authorities can handle the job?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Radiation Contamination from the Nuclear Accident in Japan Should a HACCP program address nuclear and radioactive hazards?
[Ad]
In the UK nothing on the mainstream news or food industry news and no activity in the supply chain as far as I'm aware. What about others in the UK and other countries?
I work for Bakery and have received query from one of our customer either we are getting any ingredients from Japan.
Fortunately we are not...... But out customer seemed really concerned about it.

Regards

Martinblue

Most of our clients asked if we are using products from Japan, and some even requested to stop purchasing items from Japan. I am following the news and government agencies update and there's no threat at the moment. However, just to answer several queries, we sent out letters to inform our clients that fresh produce (fruits and vegetables), meat, dairy and seafoods from the affected prefectures are not imported / used in production of meals.
We have been facing the same experiences down under too!!

Regards

Ajay

Similar Discussion Topics
Radiation Contamination from the Nuclear Accident in Japan Should a HACCP program address nuclear and radioactive hazards?