What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Materials In Contact with Food

Started by , Feb 28 2011 10:28 AM
8 Replies
Hello All,

Please can you help?

I am updating my HACCP and would like to add what plastic materials are/are not allowed to be used to come in contact with cooked meat products?

I have added reference to The Plastic Materials and Articles in Contact with Food (England) Regulations 2006, however wanted a bit more to add!

Many Thanks

SD

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 3.6.1 Reason for Rejection-Acceptance of Raw Materials BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 7 - Launch webinar 28th October 2024 ISO-TS 22002-1-exception for bulk materials FDA regulation for food contact materials Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ?
[Ad]
Hi

I just recieved the documentation of our new IBC's. This is the EU regulation:

2002/72/EC plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs.

In the UK (those are mentioned in the document I haven't read them):
The plastic materials and articles in contact with food regulations - 2009 (you wrote 2006, I guess there is a new one).
England: Statutory Instrumenst 2009/205
Northern Ireland: Statutory Rules if Northern Ireland 2009/56
Scotland: Scottish Statutory Instruments 2009/30
Wales: Welsh Statutory Instruments 2009/481 (W49)

Good luck!

Anne
It's worth talking to the manufacturers as you will have to have a migration certificate for the films you use anyway which they should test and provide for you.
Hi,
I would add REGULATION (EC) No 1935/2004 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 October 2004
on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
Dear Anne Z,

What does "IBC" stand for ??

Rgds / Charles.C
Hi Charles

IBC= Intermediate Bulk Containers 1000 liters

http://www.tholu.nl/...-containers.htm

http://www.harcotom.nl/ibc.html

Most customers want the refurbished and not the brand new IBC's. This means 2nd hand frame and a new plastic bottle inside.

Regards

Anne

Dear Anne Z,

What does "IBC" stand for ??

Rgds / Charles.C

Intermediate bulk container? Who mentioned IBCs?
Unfortunately, there is more...

EC Regulation 282/2008 (recycled plastics in contact with foodstuffs)

EC Regulation 10/2011 (plastics in contact with foodstuffs)

The last one is a mere 89 pages, so enjoy that. It may be a bit of a slog, but it's worth finding out what is relevant to you.
1 Thank
Regarding EC Regulation 10/2011 (plastics in contact with foodstuffs) in the beginnig of the Regulation is written "(Non-legislative acts)".What does it mean? I don't understand.
PS : With this regulation Directive 2002/72 (mentioned above) is repealed since 1 may 2011.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 3.6.1 Reason for Rejection-Acceptance of Raw Materials BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 7 - Launch webinar 28th October 2024 ISO-TS 22002-1-exception for bulk materials FDA regulation for food contact materials Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ? CCP's in packaging materials company Traceability of materials procured through traders Traceability of materials procured through traders BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Traceability for Packing Materials