• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hello, I'm a 31 y/o Norwegian Chef.
After changings in the norwegian law of food safety, I have to transform all my ISO 9001 food quality procedures (IK-mat) in to HACCP valid procedures.

Any help and information about how to practice HACCP in a smal restaurant is appreciated.
And if I can provide any help to anybody, please ask.

Regards Bogga

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5676 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

Dear Bogga,

Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

One initial question is whether yr country has specified any regulatory requirements to control the technical level required.

I ask because yr local activity appears to be a copying of the decision taken by EC group a few years back following their re-inventing the existing food laws into haccp-based format.

In UK the official final solution was to launch a national, sponsored (ie sort of free) re-training project for small retail food businesses. This included 2 (free), specifically tailored, downloadable manuals / videos whose procedures / system were accepted as meeting the EC haccp requirements but were presented in a “normal” English language style.

The manuals are highly readable and download linked in several places on this forum (search this forum or google for "SFBB" [= Safer Food Better Business] however the content may not match yr local requirements ??

Conventional HACCP shares some elements with ISO 9001 but is not considered a Management System in the ISO sense, this was reason for development of ISO 22000. I don't use 9001 but there must be many people here who have followed yr route and can advise.

So it depends a bit on what you need to be haccp "qualified". :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users