• Quick Navigation
Photo

German Company bans whingeing

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Should moaning be banned from your workplace? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Should moaning be banned from your workplace?

1. Yes (3 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Unsure (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. It's pointless voting they never listen (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
- - - - -

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,853 posts
  • 1366 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:17 PM

Adapted from an article in Croners HR and Employment Law alert, Issue 214. An IT firm in Leipzig has implemented a "three moans and you're out" policy for its employees. The head of the organisation believed that "negative energy" was stunting her firm's growth. She said: "Unfortunately, Germans are the world's most inveterate whingers and bellyachers, particularly concerning things they cannot change like the weather or a late train."

Now the contract of any employee working at the company includes the sentence: "Moaning and whingeing is forbidden... except when accompanied with a constructive suggestion as to how to improve the situation."
And the result? The company says that three employees have so far left the firm over the new restriction: two were dismissed following warnings; the other chose to go, claiming she was being "censored" and had nothing to talk about any more.

The company claims that turnover has doubled to £2 million thanks to the policy.

###

She left becuase she had nothing to talk about anymore… :lol:

What do you think? Should moaning be banned from your workplace?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:23 PM

Is a loud sigh counted?

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,853 posts
  • 1366 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:53 PM

Is a loud sigh counted?
I doubt it would warrant a warning although you may receive a very stern look for the boss in jackboots.

It would be fun to fool around with I wonder what would happen if you declared:

"THE DIRECTORS ARE A BUNCH OF WA@!#RS! So I think it would be a good idea if we sent the team on a self-development course. In fact I have been carrying out some research into various leadership courses and found these useful and cost-effective workshops run by a local consultancy."

Do you think I'd get away with it? What about in an employment tribunal; strictly speaking I followed the negative with a constructive idea.

Regards,

Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

Do you think I'd get away with it? What about in an employment tribunal; strictly speaking I followed the negative with a constructive idea.

As I work for a German I will try it out :beer:

As I work for a German I will try it out :beer:

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,853 posts
  • 1366 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:41 PM

So good you said it twice eh? :beer:

I just noticed you changed from red to purple. Congratulations on your promotion to Senior Member Yorky. :clap:
Simon

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:13 PM

So good you said it twice eh?

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I don't know how that happened.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users