What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Standards for Personal Care Products

Started by , Oct 25 2010 12:08 PM
7 Replies
Is there a standard that is applicable for consumer safety which is applicable for personal care products (lotions, toothpaste, shampoo, lip care products)?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Industry Standards for IQF Fruit X-Ray Inspection Debating Protective Clothing Standards in Food Packaging How do you feel about the effectiveness of unannounced audits in upholding GFSI standards? What are the main differences between BRC and IFS Food standards? How should very small manufacturers address food safety standards with limited resources?
[Ad]
I'm not sure what kind of standard you are looking for. By accident I came accross this link ISO Info Bureau Veritas of course this website it focused on the certifing body Bureau Veritas. I think if you google for ISO 22716 you will get more information.

Good luck!
Thank you ! I will have a look at that standard. It seems to fit my requirements perfectly!
Dear QSystems,

Here is another , I think, well-known one -

http://www.fda.gov/r...act/default.htm

Rgds / Charles.C
Another standard that may help is The BRC Global Standard for Consumer Products.

The Standard sets out the requirements for the production and supply of safe and legal consumer products of consistent quality. The products may be retailer-branded (private label) or branded, or be unbranded products.

The scope of Consumer Products, Issue 3 covers a wide range of non-food products in the global marketplace; including formulated products such as shampoos, paints and cosmetics, fabricated items like televisions and toys, electrical goods, furniture and textiles.

More information on the BRC Global Standard for Consumer Products

By implementing BRC Consumer Product, it tabulate set of requirement which ease you in implementing the process....

I believe BRC Consumer Product Standard covers a wide range of consumer products although i do find the title some what misleading i.e. rubber glove is considered a consumer product while it is food and or medical related. I guess it is neither here nor there. I expect BRC Consumer Product Standard to play a major role in product certification and more discussions should be encouraged in this forum.

Another standard that may help is The BRC Global Standard for Consumer Products.

The Standard sets out the requirements for the production and supply of safe and legal consumer products of consistent quality. The products may be retailer-branded (private label) or branded, or be unbranded products.

The scope of Consumer Products, Issue 3 covers a wide range of non-food products in the global marketplace; including formulated products such as shampoos, paints and cosmetics, fabricated items like televisions and toys, electrical goods, furniture and textiles.

More information on the BRC Global Standard for Consumer Products

Thanks Mr. Moderator BRC Global Standard for consumer products Covers most of the products for deciding their Standards consumers should visit at-least once to this site for their own knowledge.
Nice forum as i surfing through more thread i m getting more precious information.
Well done...!

Similar Discussion Topics
Industry Standards for IQF Fruit X-Ray Inspection Debating Protective Clothing Standards in Food Packaging How do you feel about the effectiveness of unannounced audits in upholding GFSI standards? What are the main differences between BRC and IFS Food standards? How should very small manufacturers address food safety standards with limited resources? Are Shorts Permitted Under BRC Standards for Packaging Facilities? Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? Documenting non-applicable standards Tesco Audit Standards GFSI standards that include both manufactured and traded goods.