What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Aldi Stores UK Limited Accept GFSI Benchmarked Standards

Started by , Apr 06 2010 09:06 PM
2 Replies
Aldi Stores UK Limited have recently announced the acceptance of all GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) benchmarked Standards and certification to one of these Standards will be mandatory for all production sites supplying into Aldi Stores UK by the end of 2010.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
LIDL, ALDI, TESCO, REWE - Pesticide residue limits on Fruit & Veg Aldi Codes of Practice Aldi Australia Addendum for BRC Audit Aldi recalls 'Choceur Treasures' due to presence of Salmonella Horsemeat sold at Aldi
[Ad]
Dear Simon,

Encouraging!

But will they also maintain their own audit ? (Assuming they have one ??)

I'm wondering about the most hassle-free choice within the available options ? SQF 2000 perhaps ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Simon,

Encouraging!

But will they also maintain their own audit ? (Assuming they have one ??)

I'm wondering about the most hassle-free choice within the available options ? SQF 2000 perhaps ?

Rgds / Charles.C

I'm not sure about Aldi maintaining audits Charles. Regarding the most hassle-free choice it depends on a lot of factors. I suppose all require investment of time, effort and money with most people simply following the herd usually led by the big customers and influenced by the private standard owners marketing.

That's the idea of GFSI - so that it does not matter which.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
LIDL, ALDI, TESCO, REWE - Pesticide residue limits on Fruit & Veg Aldi Codes of Practice Aldi Australia Addendum for BRC Audit Aldi recalls 'Choceur Treasures' due to presence of Salmonella Horsemeat sold at Aldi I Love Aldi