What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Notification to Auditor about change in scope

Started by , Feb 18 2009 05:44 PM
4 Replies
Hi,

If the scope of the HACCP polan has changed/broadened, do you need to notify the auditing body of the change prior?

Krissy
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Notification to CB about power shortage and other incidents IFS Food 8 USDA notification Withdrawals Voluntary Quality Notification instead of Recall? Unannounced SQF Audit in 2022 - do you receive any notification? How do I file a food recall notification in the US if I am a food manufacturer?
[Ad]
Dear Krissy,

If the changes to your plan/scope are logged ; the auditor should see it.

Regards,
Elias Loisos
Dear Krissy,

An auditor told me that it is necessary to do so as they need to charge you extra for the inclusion of new products/scope but not too sure whether there is discount for the deletion/shrinking of scope????

Yong
You should notify the certificvation body. The auditor might not be qualified for a new food sector code if you have added a significantly different item. If it is just an expansion in volume or in similar products it is less important, but maintaining open communication is important.
Not sure where you dug this forum up from Cathy. I hope someone wasn't waiting 21 months for a reply!

The main standards don't refer to HACCP changes specifically, however by implication they require communication:

BRC - requires notification of additional significant products or processes undertaken to be included within the scope of certification and will visit site to verify the extension of the scope.
SQF - Expansions of Scope require verification by the Certification Body by site Audit that the changes comply with the SQF 2000 Code requirements, the relevant legislation and any customer requirements.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Notification to CB about power shortage and other incidents IFS Food 8 USDA notification Withdrawals Voluntary Quality Notification instead of Recall? Unannounced SQF Audit in 2022 - do you receive any notification? How do I file a food recall notification in the US if I am a food manufacturer? SQFI 2.6.3.4 - Recall Notification Customer Notification Management of Change Would this change to our facility require a change of scope or notification to our Certification Body? Notification to certification body of any infringement, penalties, withdrawals or recalls now 24 hours? Written customer notification of uncontrolled hazards