What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sulphur Dioxide Limits

Started by , Jul 15 2005 07:34 AM
2 Replies
Can anyone out there be able to put on the web site for the maximum permitted proportion for "SULPHUR DIOXIDE" applicable under the USA Food Laws / Regulations Or, at least tell me the allowed proportions.

Thanks

Charles Chew
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does sulphur dioxide on the surface of a bag or box degrade over time? Sulphur dust on crops Food Additive Issue: EC.1129/2011 Sulphur Dioxide Sulphur dioxide in coconut juice with pulp Regulation about the sulphur dioxide content in wine in US
[Ad]
Dear Charles,

The following applies to the USA:

Sulphites: Sulphur dioxide, potassium bisulphite, potassium metabisulphite, sodium sulphite, sodium bisulphite, sodium metabisulphite, can be used to GMP (However: sulphites are not permitted in meats, foods recognised as a source of vitamin B 1 , or in fruit and vegetables intended to be sold or served raw to consumers or to be presented to consumers as fresh).

For sugars:

Dextrose anhydrous, dextrose monohydrate

Sulphur dioxide, max 20 mg/kg

Glucose syrup, dried glucose syrup

Sulphur dioxide, max 40 mg/kg

Lactose

Preservative not permitted

Syrups (cane, maple, sorghum and table syrups)

May contain safe and suitable generally permitted preservatives

I'm now going off to sun myself in Northern Ireland,

Cheers

I'm now going off to sun myself in Northern Ireland, beer.gif

Yorky,

Have a great time and thank you for the infor.

Cheers
Charles Chew

Similar Discussion Topics
Does sulphur dioxide on the surface of a bag or box degrade over time? Sulphur dust on crops Food Additive Issue: EC.1129/2011 Sulphur Dioxide Sulphur dioxide in coconut juice with pulp Regulation about the sulphur dioxide content in wine in US Warning statement of Sulphur Dioxide/ Sulphite Preservative - Sulphur dioxide E220 and vegetable oil What is Sulphur Dioxide?