Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,856 posts
  • 1366 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:43 AM

Anyone watch it and wanna talk about it?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:07 AM

Anyone watch it and wanna talk about it?

I did and I was amazed.

It will be one of the most remarkable matches in the history of football.

Maldini scored the first goal at 1' !!! What a disaster for Reds I thought. They were not prepared to that kind of match. And then Milan rolled over them, 3-0 with Crespo's third goal just a minute before the end of the first half :(

Milan supporters were just waiting for the end of the match to get the Big Ears Cup once more :angry: (Juve seven finals, only two Cups).

No chance for the Reds I thought.

My neighbours lighted fireworks every time Milan scored a goal but in the second half, suddenly came silence :whistle:

Gerrard & C scored 1-2-3 goals in a while :beer:

What a team spirit, mate :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's been a huge gift to many italian people :roflmao:

Super Dudek, super Gerrard, super Rafa Benitez. Fantastic.

Reds, you'll never walk alone.

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,856 posts
  • 1366 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

Hello Franco,

Although we are only 30 miles apart Liverpool hate Man United and Man United hate Liverpool - that's just the way it is. The hatred is born out of a complicated web of jealousy and grudging respect. :rolleyes:

In the run up to last nights match the papers, radio stations and television news programmes were awash with plaudits and good will messages for Liverpool. Just about every ex Liverpool legend was wheeled out from Ian….erm…..wottsit to John……thingy. Of course as a united fan this made me feel physically sick - in fact sick enough to place a bet on AC Milan to win 3-0 at 18/1 - I wasn't carried away by the hype and sentimentalism.

At half time my only concern was the Italians wouldn't go with their natural instincts and ‘shut up shop' - and they would score more goals in the second half. However, I was pretty sure they would stick with long, long tradition and was confident of landing £190. :beer:

Liverpool must have been very deflated and embarrassed at half time and they couldn't come back - it has never happened. Little did we comprehend the resolve and sheer will to win of the Liverpool team and especially their midfield General Steven Gerrard. The rest is history as they say.

After the Gerrard goal went in to make it 3 - 1 and my bet was down, I have to admit my allegiance went sort of wholeheartedly to Liverpool. How they did it I don't know but it was a great match and I'm…………………………………….glad Liverpool won the European Cup.:wacko:

Well done you scouse '#@*$£!! much jealousy and grudging respect. :clap:

Looking on the bright side our chances of winning the World Cup in Germany 2006 are looking pretty good - 40 years of hurt to heal.

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users