What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Melamine in flexible packaging

Started by , Oct 08 2008 07:18 PM
1 Reply
I received information today that may be useful to your members.

BEGINS

Following the EU Commission's urgent request to get some information on melamine in flexible packaging, we are sending you the FPE letter which we sent to DG SANCO, Mrs. Schäfer. DG SANCO asked European packaging associations for this information to find out whether the potential
migration of melamine from packaging into food could be relevant.

It seems that - based on the currently available information of FPE members - migration of melamine from flexible packaging into food is negligible.

In addition we are sending you a link to EFSA's opinion on melamine adopted on 24 September 2008:
http://www.efsa.eu.i...11902098495.htm

In this opinion packaging as a potential source of melamine migration into food is not mentioned at all.

ENDS

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Current EC Regulations for melamine and heavy metals ? Melamine & Tropanic alkaloid in processing of brown rice Melamine in Chinese Powdered Milk...Again Melamine ongoing developments Melamine in Egg
[Ad]
It is VERY useful to me Barraboy. There is much discussion about melamine contamination in food, but also food packaging as a source must be considered. From the literature it looks as though the risk is minimal - thankfully.

Thanks very much for posting this useful information.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Current EC Regulations for melamine and heavy metals ? Melamine & Tropanic alkaloid in processing of brown rice Melamine in Chinese Powdered Milk...Again Melamine ongoing developments Melamine in Egg